Skip navigation

Whats your MK1 for ????

Back to the top

Whats your MK1 for ????

My Clipper is a toy/hobby I like to give it a clean & polish then take it out for a run 50 to 100 miles then park it up in it's carport till the next time.

Went out this morning with the roof down heading to Rochdale on the m62 when the heavens opened 8O

Back to the top
Daily enjoy it to much to keep it locked away :)

Back to the top
my derv is taxed all year,use it if dry,never get time to use it though  :|  always at work  :wink:
the cabby is still upside down so there  :?
Bert

Thats not a rod knockin,its a diesel stupid! floppy top and 1 tin top

Back to the top
mine is there to annoy me

Back to the top
Taxed all year and used on every dry day….so not many this year!!  :roll:

Craig.

'83 Tin top with MK2 16v conversion and bike carbs.

Back to the top
:D Mine is for every use . :D

B reg cab

Back to the top
Mines an every now and then car, but I've only driven it 3 times in the last 2 years.

I went to insure it last month and they told me I already had insurance on it  :redfaced: that's how much I drive it.

Usually have it insured for the whole year just encase really. Hoping I'll start driving it a lot more though this/next year.

Wanted: Front Bumper, DESPERATELY NEED A DRIVERS WING!

MY Build Thread

My Facebook Build Page #Project83

Back to the top
weekend or car shows, can never really be a daily car :P

Back to the top
Mines a daily, but to be honest i dont go out in the car much anyway as i work in walking distance form my house!

Flick r - Flickr: ErosUK's Photostream Insta g r a m - @MK1_TOBY

Back to the top
Every now and again when I get a chance and the occasional show.

My New Year's resolutions are: 1. Stop making lists. B. Be more consistent. 7. Learn to count.

Back to the top
I say not a daily because on the return journey about 50 miles from my home the fuel pump went.. thank god it was only in the 30 zone at 3am... I struggled to get the car home

Back to the top
Mine lives in the garage, but I would like to make it my daily eventually.  I just need to throw a lot of cash at it first!

Butleraw '83 Schwarz Black GTI

Back to the top
Mines my daily driver,i throw my work stuff in it plus my 4 kids to do the school run everyday,I think people can be a bit extreme with how they treat there so called car, if it's a show car I understand why you would want to keep it protected from he elements,but otherwise it is just A CAR,enjoy it!!  8)

Back to the top
For feeling the wind in my hair (I'm bald as a coot) :-)

I've had loads of VW's over the years (mainly Corrado's) but always hankered after a mk1 cabby! This was a long standing thought back from the 1980's. However, since seeing Darren from VW enterprizes come shooting past me in in his Mk1 1.8T cabby on the way to Worthersee back in  2004/5 I made my mind up that I must have one!

I took the plunge two years ago with a black GTi Cab - but the bodywork wasn't worth the investment I was about to throw at it. So I treated myself to a blue Rivage this summer.
And my plans are to sort the bodywork out and 'lightly modify' with air / my BBS RS's and a nice exhaust note to drive/enjoy and visit the occasional show.

It's a love affair though - rubbing off on some of my VW friends as well!  I wished I had bought one sooner!

If the weather is nice I'm taking my Rivage to Edition38 this Sunday - I'd be there on Saturday too but taking a trip down to HavAir in Hastings to get an idea of a custom air kit for it.

R32GUY

1992 Rivage in Classic Blue Pearl "B16YUG" 2.0 TFSI, 6 Speed FWD with Quaife LSD, running on Air with sorted geometry and Eibach ARB's, G60 brake setup front and rear, 4x100 17" BBS LM's, Power Steering, Opening Quarter-lights, Mk2 electric recaros and the whole car trimmed by MJ Interiors in tan and Alcantara with a brown roof.

Back to the top
Driven every day :D ,  too good a drive not to, its what they were made for surely?  :dontknow:

Back to the top
Weekend blaster and sometimes a few shows if she's not broke and on axle stands lol

1988 mk1 golf gti cabby
1991 mk2 golf 1.6 driver

Back to the top
Adding to my collection

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top
actually change that, mines for making me skint and making me spend all the spare money i have :-)

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
At the moment my Mk1 is for sitting in my brother-in-law's driveway while the kjet gets an overhaul. And because he likes to tinker he discovered a rusty floor, so that'll need sorting out as well.

It's won a few trophies, which is nice, but Mk1 GTIs are so rare in Australia it's more a case of turning up than having the best Mk1.

When our house renos are finished and I can store the at car home again it'll be for weekend driving and the odd daily commute when the weather's nice. It's been 300km away for about 6 months now.

I miss it. Even in its current state of disrepair.  :P

MY80 GTI | MY07 GTI | MY10 S3

Back to the top
It's for admiring in the garage or watching it drive down the road without me, it's the wifes!  :D

Mrs Choc Rolls Stock!
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.