Skip navigation

NEC Classic Car Show 16th - 18th November 2012

Back to the top

NEC Classic Car Show 16th - 18th November 2012

so a cars history is one idea of "whats the story" anyone got another spins on the theme to help dan out??

oasis theme stand- whats the story morning glory??

story of mk 1 golf production??

kids theme- whats the story in balamory theme??

mk1 golfs that have appeared in books??

a haynes manual theme??

Back to the top

Story of the club

How about the story of the club…

First car on the stand is a campaign.  Story board, Once upon a time there was a campaign register.  Have some nice pics of original register cars.

Next car in the stand is a non campaign GTi (a nice black series 1 maybe ;) Story board, then it became the mk1 owners club with standard cars and mature owners and all that.

Next car is a nice modified non GTI, story continues, then the vaue of nice modified cars was realised and the club grew..

Next car is a cabby, story continues.. Then 'pretend' mk1's became accepted (only kidding cabby owners).

Next car is a caddy, story continues.. Caddies are welcome in the club too..

Shock ending to the story… The future.. A Jetta?!  

Hopefully you get the idea (could even throw a Westmoreland rabbit in there somewhere?).

Back to the top

Re: Story of the club

kp73 said

How about the story of the club…

First car on the stand is a campaign.  Story board, Once upon a time there was a campaign register.  Have some nice pics of original register cars.

Next car in the stand is a non campaign GTi (a nice black series 1 maybe ;) Story board, then it became the mk1 owners club with standard cars and mature owners and all that.

Next car is a nice modified non GTI, story continues, then the vaue of nice modified cars was realised and the club grew..

Next car is a cabby, story continues.. Then 'pretend' mk1's became accepted (only kidding cabby owners).

Next car is a caddy, story continues.. Caddies are welcome in the club too..

Shock ending to the story… The future.. A Jetta?!  

Hopefully you get the idea (could even throw a Westmoreland rabbit in there somewhere?).

like this idea :)

Banner

Back to the top

Back to the top

Any chance?

Hi dan, I would like to put my car up for going on the stand on the nec classic car show. I have had it 11 years now, i bought it off the 3rd owner for the not so pricely sum of (£400) also knowing the 2nd owner and recently finding out who owned it first a NUN!! It's  changed a lot over the years going from a 1.1c to a gti! and body work wise going from standard to big bumpers and side skirts then back to standard with original small plastic bumpers, the to the way it looks now retro theme with small chrome bumpers/ low back seats etc… (with baby seat trimmed same as rest of interior:)) I have had two different interiors in as well As numerous different wheels/ suspension set ups going along the way too. You could say she's part of the family now not going any where. I have lots of photos starting right from when I got it until now ( I will up load some soon just sorting some out from the computer) cheers Richard.

Banner

Back to the top

Dano said

We're gonna need a bigger stand!!!!  :wink:

Yeah, like the ideas on here. I'm thinking along the lines of how some of those cars were displayed at Wolfsburg!

Staffordshire Regional Host support

Banner

Back to the top

1990 MK1 Golf GTI Cabriolet
1983 MK1 Golf Campaign
Banner

Back to the top

Re: Series 1 GTI

kp73 said

What about this car, black series 1 GTI.  All standard and restored, except for wheels.  Original wheels should be back on it once they are refurbed, although it's currently on VW branded 1977 ATS Cups - so 'period' dealer option I believe.

Is has a bit of a story, original sales receipt, every MOT.  I bought the car unrestored from the original owner, he had it from new in '79.  

Part of an article from VW Audi Car in '98.

The car now.

Interior

This is the car I nearly bought but you beat me to it!

1983 MK1 Golf Campaign
Banner

Back to the top

Re: Series 1 GTI

chrissy said

This is the car I nearly bought but you beat me to it!

Oops sorry, well it's gone to a good home and had lots of restoration work and a retrim inside.  I think I have your contact details somewhere - the first owner passed some on in case I changed my mind and wanted to sell it on!   Not likely anytime soon I'm afraid, many many ££s spent and I'm still loving the car :)

Back to the top
Anybody else interested in displaying there car this year????

1983 MK1 Golf Campaign
Banner

Back to the top
Can I suggest asking Frosty66 if he'd be interested in displaying his '76 yellow 5door LS. a real minter with ultra low miles.

Back to the top

watson said

Can I suggest asking Frosty66 if he'd be interested in displaying his '76 yellow 5door LS. a real minter with ultra low miles.

Thanks Dave :)

1983 MK1 Golf Campaign
Banner

Back to the top
Hi just wondered when we will be told who's cars will be on display for the show.

Back to the top

beany1234 said

Hi just wondered when we will be told who's cars will be on display for the show.

Chrissy will be in touch very soon mate, i will let him know you have been asking.

Cheers Dave.

Cheers, Dave.

Banner

Back to the top

beany1234 said

Will let you know this week

1983 MK1 Golf Campaign
Banner

Back to the top
Cool thanks

Back to the top
Thanks everyone for volunteering their cars. All the positions have been filled for this year. They are as follows:

kp73 and his 1979 Series 1 GTI

Bluey12 and his 1983 3 door hatchback

Ianaa and his 1980 Series 1 Convertable GLI

RSdub and his 1983 modified Campaign

1983 MK1 Golf Campaign
Banner

Back to the top
like!

Back to the top
Hi

I am travelling the 5hrs down on the Saturday to have a wee wander around, so I will get to meet whoever is around ;-)

I will be the big fatish bald Scottish guy with the carnation in my left lapel  8O

C u there  :wink:

Back to the top
Make sure you do say hello and it'll be good to catch up mate.

Cheers, Dave.

Banner
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.