Skip navigation

Olympics - Opening/Closing Ceremony

Back to the top

Olympics - Opening/Closing Ceremony

This is a Great British production and the worlds eyes are on US. Don't you feel proud that the team have done well and represented the country well??

16 years ago we won ONE gold medal, this time we've won 69! That's achievement in anyone's book.

Back to the top

Dano said

This is a Great British production and the worlds eyes are on US. Don't you feel proud that the team have done well and represented the country well??

16 years ago we won ONE gold medal, this time we've won 69! That's achievement in anyone's book.

the athletes yes, that show no

Back to the top
It's a finale party, nothing more. A 'let your hair down' night for the athletes after the training.

What would be the alternative? Last race and 'thanks for coming' as every drifts off?

The opening sequence where the London buildings were featured was excellent. Everything moving to the music etc.

Back to the top
the same sort of pace/energy the opening party had, this evenings show was dieing on its arse the moment it started

Back to the top

JonP said

the same sort of pace/energy the opening party had, this evenings show was dieing on its arse the moment it started

Agree completely.  Opening ceremony was awesome… but the closing party was a let down…

Really buzzing, pumping songs followed by some slow tune constantly… that killed any atmosphere that was building.  Yes I'm proud to be British, yes I'm proud of the athletes but I'm not going to say something is good just because a British person put it together!?!?!?  :dontknow:  :dontknow:  :dontknow: .  The sound died in places… the pumping tunes followed by slow, moody stuff…. none of the "weirdness" flowed like it did in the opening ceremony…. it just wasn't a good show in my eyes.  The opening ceremony was great but this was a let down.

Back to the top
it was ok not as good as the opening but closing shows never are

i only hit mute on one occation and that was annie lennox, cannot stand that wome

but other than that i was ok

Banner

Back to the top

jellybelly said

i only hit mute on one occation and that was annie lennox, cannot stand that wome

Me neither! And how come she got the massive ship to perform on!!!
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.