Skip navigation

Blackpool Lights 2012 Supper And Drive Thru

Back to the top

Blackpool Lights 2012 Supper And Drive Thru

This year the lights will be switched on by Little Mix and supported by Amy McDonald and Lemar on 31st August 2012.

The past 4 years have seen the North West members - and some from further afield meet up for a fish and chip supper in St Annes On Sea followed by a drive through the Illiminations.
I'm proposing another similar evening so if you'd like to be a part of it stitch your name down and join in.

I'm proposing SATURDAY 15th SEPTEMBER '12 so it's a little darker earlier on for the kids and it won't clash with the drive in movie on the 1/9/12.

The Promenard has been changed over the past 12 months or so, so the layout may be different.  :dontknow:

Back to the top
Put me down for that but not the chipy meal.
your right it has changed  a bit but not much
from last year.

B reg cab

Back to the top
alexandra and i were there today.

we had a picnic in fleetwood then drove down the front to blackpool. i parked in the same place as i did 2 years ago when the steering rack decided to depart fom the body just before the lights run.

even in the day time it seemed like for ever to get from one side to the other.

Mk1 golf GTI cabriolet 1.8. Helios blue. born 02/08/1990.

Back to the top
With royal lytham golf being on this
week and season in full swing now
traffic has bean heavyer then normal.

B reg cab

Back to the top
Count us in again this year please.

Back to the top
Count us in too!

Back to the top
We  will be on this again  :D "not to be missed" ………………. others take note :wink:

Back to the top
That is a really good pic Andy :) we need to stick together through the lights again.

Mk1 golf GTI cabriolet 1.8. Helios blue. born 02/08/1990.

Back to the top
Dano, I should be good for coming along for the drive down the illuminations, wont need a space in the chip supper, I will be doing Blackpool Breeze on the prom on the same day, just need to check dates with the mrs  :wink:

Back to the top

Re: Blackpool Lights 2012 Supper And Drive Thru

Dano said

This year the lights will be switched on by Little Mix and supported by Amy McDonald and Lemar on 31st August 2012.

The past 4 years have seen the North West members - and some from further afield meet up for a fish and chip supper in St Annes On Sea followed by a drive through the Illiminations.
I'm proposing another similar evening so if you'd like to be a part of it stitch your name down and join in.

I'm proposing SATURDAY 15th SEPTEMBER '12 so it's a little darker earlier on for the kids and it won't clash with the drive in movie on the 1/9/12.

The Promenard has been changed over the past 12 months or so, so the layout may be different.  :dontknow:
Dan, I had it pencilled in for 20th Oct to make it even more child friendly?? lights on @6:45, rather than @7:45.  thoughts?

Back to the top

Re: Blackpool Lights 2012 Supper And Drive Thru

PNERivage said

lights on @6:45, rather than @7:45.  thoughts?

Bit of a rush for tea and those who may be working on the Saturday. It is a Saturday night after all.  :wink:

And some cars go off the road at the end of Septmeber too. We stand a better turn out if its earlier.

But as you see fit… I'll leave it to you.

Back to the top
mm so you had seen the diary ;-)

I'll leave it with you to sort mate, I''m good for either date..  get the names in and let em decide :dontknow:

Back to the top

PNERivage said

mm so you had seen the diary ;-)

I'll leave it with you to sort mate, I''m good for either date..  get the names in and let em decide :dontknow:

Nope, I hadn't.

You're the co-ordinator, sorry for stepping on your toes. :doh:

Back to the top
pm'd

Back to the top
20th oct is better for me and the kids. Cannot do sept 15th sept.  :cry:

Back to the top
I'm up for this love a drive out to Blackpool when the lights are on!!

My dad used to say I squandered money, so I made an invested in my Rivage he's still not happy - but I love my money pit!!

Back to the top
Dan stick this in National you spiteful sod some of us might want to come .. me for one :D :D

Back to the top
PNERivage and I have had a chat and we're going to keep the date as 15th September 12.

It coincides with Blackpool Breeze so may attract 'out of towners' as mAtt has indicated.

Matt, I'll post in National shortly.

Back to the top
Hopefully dan, you can now run with this?

I should be there, be wont be taking the family until later in the year.

cheers
Tony

Back to the top

PNERivage said

Hopefully dan, you can now run with this?
cheers
Tony

Yeah I'll run with this. I'll do a list of folk when I get back.
There are too many online users to list.