Skip navigation

Good wax/polish!!

Back to the top

Good wax/polish!!

I have been trying a new way of getting a very good glass shine to the car.
I did it again yesterday and love it.
It heard it on a tv program call scrimpers…………… a few week back.
I use autoglym wax always and had 3/4 bottle left.
I bought some baby oil, Johnsons i used and put 2 caps of baby oil in the remaining wax, using the baby oil cap.
Sake so to mix, apply on bodywork with soft cloth and leave to dry as normal and buff.
All i can say is no longer do i see the very very fine marks on paintwork which we all will have.
The shine is superb for a cheap and easy way.
No buffers used, just 4 hours by hand, very very happy i tried this method  :D :D :D
Anyone else tried this?  
Oh my afrikaan flew through yet another mot  :D
Pete.

Back to the top
4 hours!!!!!

Back to the top
No rush, i enjoy it, but find the ocd gets in the way sometimes thou lol.

Back to the top
I use 2 different waxes.

Harley's or harlys, can't remember the spelling, is brilliant and leaves no white.

I also use collinite which is as good.

SRP is spit on as well and a good clay bar is essential.

Chris

Back to the top
I read an article that said that all Polishes were abrasive albeit slight ( Auto Glym apparently contains a chalk hence the white dust residue ! ) and the best protection is sealant/ wax.

I use Bilt Hamber Dry Clay, amazing stuff, followed by Meguiars Mirror Glaze Synthetic Sealant 2.0 followed by Collinite No476S Wax. This is done onnce a year and lasts, with regular washing with Meguiars Gold Class Shampoo.

Works for me !!!

1982 Mk1 GTI 1.8 2016 Audi A3 1983 Kawasaki Z1000J 1977 Suzuki GT550

Back to the top
Autoglym radiant wax polish ( trade version ) new formula is fantastic, used with a DA the results will impress you, oh yeah and it does not stain. It's a great AIO

Back to the top
good wax's swissvax , zymol , dudo juice supernatral , but wax dose not last as long as a nano polish ! if you love the hot wet look you should be useing a wax high in carnuba !
if you want a long lasting solution other than building up layers of wax !
GTECHNIQ P1/P2/C1/C1.5 IN THIS ORDER!!!
a good clay bar first ! becarefull uesing C1 tho !
watch a demo on you tube first ! if any of you guys need any info on products mail me !
will let you know what i know !
Ive been detailing for last 15years +! for myself ! detail supercars no am not looking for extra work way to busy ! but if you need any info or tips feel free my little avid mk1 lovers ……

Back to the top
Hi

Just getting Autoglym HD wax, clay bar kit and paint cleanser for my bday this Friday, my mate uses it on his Porsche 944 and it looks brilliant.

The kit isn't cheap, £70 but you get 40 applications from the kit.

Hopefully it will work wonders on my Sportline and my BMW.

Chris

Back to the top
The hd wax is really good.

Dont use a lot otherwise its hard to get off.

Back to the top

BigNormRivage said

The hd wax is really good.

Dont use a lot otherwise its hard to get off.

Cheers Ceri.

My mate has it and he has an old Porsche 944 in black and he swears by it, so I thought I would give it a shot.

Chris

Back to the top
My friend uses poor boys black hole product and that is very impressive then new autoglym product is also meant to be ace, ive used some farcela G3 before and thought that was good, can be a little messy though

From memory the bottles were £20-£30 each , but i got them as a spur of the moment thing from Halfrauds so i am sure they could be bought online cheaper. The only negative comment i would say is some of the cutting compound if put on too thick can be a bit messy and chalky, but none of it sticks to rubbers and is easily wiped off.

I havnt really got all the before during and after shots, but here is some

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
She looks fantastic Richy, you must feel really proud driving around in one looking as good as that!

Envy you!  :clap:

Mike.

Sent by a smartphone and not a smartperson!

Play Guess the Asking Price 'SEASON 4' as of Sunday the 29th of October 2017.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fguess-the-asking-price_2

OLD.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fold-guess-the-asking

Ever wondered who's behind the scenes of this forum?
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=committee

Mike

There's me building mine 28 years ago, almost finished!        

001.JPG       

Be proud of your VW Golf Mk1, it's very special!

Back to the top
She looks fantastic Richy, you must feel really proud driving around in one looking as good as that!

Thanks Mike i love it, could do with a few bits of paint here and there and a wheel refurb, but all in good time and when funds permit :-)

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
This is the best stuff ever, been using for 4 years now. Bett than factory finish!

http://www.swissvax.co.uk/process

Back to the top
The new auto glym radaint wax polish is fantastic and leaves no white marks. You are more than welcome to pick up a free sample from me I'm in Long Eaton so not that far. I detail for a living and this product is excellent via machine and for enhancements.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.