Skip navigation

Im the New owner of this baby!

Back to the top

Im the New owner of this baby!

Only bought this a few weeks ago and I'm the third owner and it is in exceptional condition for its age done a few Lil things that needed doing I.e exhaust manifold down pipe bumpers got some wheels to go on it that I'm rebuilding :) it a 1300cc carb with manual choke so am considering changing that at some point but it seem like one hell of alot of work haha here it is anyways!

Back to the top
Looks very nice! Paint looks immaculate. What engine plans have you got?

'83 MK1 Golf GTI
'02 Land Rover Discovery 2 Td5
'08 Audi S3 2.0 16v TFSI

Back to the top
Thanks alot!

Well was thinking about a g40 but they are hard to find :/ or maybe a polo gt engine nothing to powerful and they will fit on the same mounts :) but will need to find someone to help me so I don't wreck it :D haha

Back to the top
look nice buddy, keep it away from the horses :-)

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
Haha I won't let those creatures anywhere near my precious hahahah :)

Back to the top
If you're looking for an engine conversion, consider the 1.4 16v engine out of the polo 6n.

100bhp standard, and with some hot cams, a remap and other tweaks it can be made to produce over 130, which in a car as light as this is very potent - whilst still returning 40mpg!

1983 Golf 1.3 Driver:  

Back to the top
Looks very nice mate, like the wheels you got on.

1983 VW Golf Mk1 Gti

2006 VW Caddy

My Build Thread 

Back to the top
Very nice mate, when I've got some more space I'm gonna get a tintop to side beside my cabby!

Back to the top
Hi Joe,

I can see you are looking after her, these pictures do make me sad I sold her  :( but glad I kept her dry all her life.

Keep us updated with the progress, as you say she is in great condition. Looks great on the small bumpers.

What wheels are you building?

Good luck
Dave.

Back to the top
nice car mate.

Back to the top
Hey dave!

Yeah I am so glad she's been kept dry too!

It really does amaze me just how solid she is! I almost sent you a pic after I put the bumpers on! But didn't wanna make you too jealous ha :D

I have a set of bbs RM's and I'm getting them painted the same code blue as the car with 1.5 inch dishes and gold bolts :D should look preeety! And they are 15" and being in cornwall the extra ground clearance could come in handy! :) I'll put some more pictures up when they are done although might be a while before I can afford tyres haha

P.s had a mare with the exhaust lol got a down pipe off a guy on here any turned out to be a polo one after about three hours battling to remove the old one I then realised that the gear linkage smashed into the exhaust in certain gears so ordered a new one from vw heritage and fitted last night! Runs like a dream again :)

Ha any luck finding a new toy??

Oh and thanks for all the comments :)

Back to the top

X said

If you're looking for an engine conversion, consider the 1.4 16v engine out of the polo 6n.

100bhp standard, and with some hot cams, a remap and other tweaks it can be made to produce over 130, which in a car as light as this is very potent - whilst still returning 40mpg!

How easy are they to fit? I did consider one of them or maybe even a 1.6 6n Gti motor??

Back to the top
Those wheels do sounds cool, and the fact you are going for the same paint the extra effort will show once completed  :)  I did think she looked a bit higher but now I understand ready for the 15's. (p.m me if you sell the ats wheels I might know someone)

Glad you sorted out the exhaust…..in the end :banghead:

There is a Red 20v on here for sale i am interested in, but still looking just does not feel right not having a vw in my life.

Well keep the post updated with the build and again she is looking sweet  :D

Back to the top
Yeah I saw that one looks like a little gem! :D hope u find something just as sweet as this baby haha yeah will be taking the wheels off in a week or two they're still immaculate :D

Back to the top

Pretty keen to get the wheels back from paint shop now I've got these puppies :D

Back to the top

dub-step said

How easy are they to fit? I did consider one of them or maybe even a 1.6 6n Gti motor??

The engine itself is a doddle, gearbox and lump fits (roughly) onto the same mounts I believe.

But because the engine is injection, there is the fuel pump (on the head on your engine, in the tank with the polo) and the ECU, which if done properly requires the splicing of the loom and re-fitting.

Those are the hard bits, there are guides on the net though

1983 Golf 1.3 Driver:  

Back to the top
Maybe a case of fitting the engine my self and letting someone else have the joy of the wiring haha

Back to the top

dub-step said

Pretty keen to get the wheels back from paint shop now I've got these puppies :D

Very nice mate. Where did you get the rims & bolts from & how much? I'm after some outers to finish the refurb of my BBS RM's.

Back to the top
You literally don't even Wana know they were a FORTUNE… To me anyways haha

Back to the top

dub-step said

You literally don't even Wana know they were a FORTUNE… To me anyways haha

Ta for the PM, that's where I've been looking at, refurbing a set of BBS's aint cheap, that's for sure. Worth it in the end though!
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.