funk-star said

It's raining and were all in it together, let the good time roll

i'm with you :D

X3

Back to the top
Ok people here's the bottom line…

1. It's rained
2. It's still raining
3. The camping fields are waterlogged to ankle depth.

As a consequence we can't camp on the normal fields. As an alternative I have suggested that tents are pitched to the far left of the main stand (to the right of where the showers were last year). That grass is wet and a bit sloping but it's not got standing water on it.

We have the bar open tonight for drinks in the dry. CAN SOMEONE BRING A STEREO FOR MUSIC PLEASE?

Cars will need to be left on the tarmac close to the tents. Toilets are close to the tents, showers are in the same place as last year.

I'll update as much as I can but it'll be easier if I phone/ text 3 people who can cascade the info on here or via regions.

Please, we can't help the weather. We made the decision to carry with the weekend rather than cancel it because people were already on the road. It is disappointing but nothing the committee can do about it.

Back to the top
Well I've broken down so I may not be coming anyway

Back to the top
Missus, has put her foot down and is refusing to go! got a 4 and 5 year old girls to think about. Well, nevermind! we'll have to have another get together this year later on in the summer, when drier! Was looking forward to meeting you all.

elroy

Back to the top
I can not blame your wife it's crap camping in water, I'm gutted wa thinking of driving down on Sunday but looks like there will be no people there now !! Bloody English weather
I feel for the guys that organised this avent all them man hours , but well done guys for all your efforts ,
Let's hope it's dryer for Germany !!!!!!!

Back to the top
Was really looking forward to this, really gutted about the weather as last years meet was such a good day.
Really dont fancy going and getting as drenched and miserable as we did at Dubmania though last month lol so if its like this i wont be there.

I saw a crinkly peanut tomorrow

Back to the top
come on guys,

saturday clears up and doesnt seem to be raining at all or for only a couple of hours.

sleep in your car today and set up tomorrow. or just come tomorrow.

rain or shine im 100% their.

beer and good company will always out weight rain ALWAYS!!!

Back to the top
Mrs Fonzooorooo's not back from work yet, so don't know what she'll want to do. Any objections to us convoying over (still want to bring the golf) in the passat estate to sleep in?

Sure others'll have similar queries, so may be worth posting a definitive yay/nay.

Back to the top
defo still going (tomorrow morning)but booked in at travel lodge

Back to the top
Typical weather and really unlucky timing for all, i think this is an old make the best of a bad situation and at least some of tomorrow is looking dry and hopefully the drive out will be.

i think people shouldnt think it will be empty i am sure there will still be a good turnout

good luck all and see ya tomorrow

Rich

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
can anyone advice the best route in. im leaving in about half an hour. coming from the midlands so was taking the m6

just wanted to make sure thats ok

Back to the top
Setting off now - via sheffield, so will be 2hrs +. Rainfall radar shows main rain now passing - hope to have top down at some point!  Hmmm !

Save me a space above high tide!

rivage5

Back to the top
Despair not!!!

Rain is easing, tents are going up. People are smiling and alls getting better!!!

Get yourselves down here and enjoy the weekend. Alternative set up plans have been made and are going well.

Back to the top
Well done to all you people who have taken responsibility for making sure that the show goes ahead. Hope to be there for the meeting in the morning, John.

Back to the top
Tennis on telly now (@6pm) and its brilliant sunshine in the big city. Luck of the draw.

I'm coming tomorrow any which way.

1983 Mars Red 1.8 Golf GTI
1987 Alpine White 1.8 Clipper Cabriolet

The trouble with doing nothing is that you never know when you are finished.

Back to the top
top marks to all involved, see u tomorrow :-)

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
I'm driving up first thing in the morning. Originally planning on going this evening but I've just got in from work, the M6 through Birmingham was a nightmare so I'm loading the golf up and leaving at 8:00am so I should be with you at 9ish.

Hopefully the grass will be above water by the morning 😄

Ste

Back to the top
good luck to everyone tonight, we are coming from sheffield in the morning does anyone want to start a convoy? can meet at tankersley manor mc donalds?

Back to the top
Excellent. We'll be setting off in the morning with campervan and Golf, assuming you don't all get washed away in the night  8O See you then!

Back to the top

Don't know what all the fuss is about!

Ye of little faith!
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.