Skip navigation

Rims to have

Back to the top

Rims to have

a lot of people are putting 17s on at the moment

I think i've seen one pair of 16's! let alone 17's!? Would like a link very much please aha

1983 Driver 1.3.
Build thread.

Back to the top
Look at my bogey build thread there's a pic on there (page 1 or 2) with a mk1 on 17" Porsche rims.

Ever growing range of new mk1 golf parts www.classic-vw.co.uk

Back to the top
Black or White Compomotives

Speeding is like masturbation, everyone does it ,but it's not something you should record and put on the internet!! 

Back to the top
My favs are Fuchs, Starmags and the 4 spoke revolution.  I got RA's at the present just because they were knocking around with good tyres but tbh ive never been over keen on alot of the BBS wheels. I find them a bit to "busy" for my taste.

Back to the top
BBS RS
Image Roadsters
Oz turbos
And the 13 inch tarantulars that VW made for the mk1!

Back to the top
S1_rs has by far the best looking wheels on this thread,surely it's time for a change from bbs or even splits  :dontknow:
I do love splits but if you was in a row of mk1s with splits then you would all look the same,why not try something different/new
 :)

Back to the top
In the grand scheme of things, if you park your mk1 in sainsburys car park wearing bbs splits, I'm pretty sure it'll be a unique car in amongst a load of rubbish.

I like bbs splits, compomotives, zenders, hell I even like p slots.

Back to the top

Raul said

In the grand scheme of things, if you park your mk1 in sainsburys car park wearing bbs splits, I'm pretty sure it'll be a unique car in amongst a load of rubbish.

:D

1980 Series 1 GTI (gone now .. what a mistake selling her!)
1979 Series 1 LD - the Mandarin Dragon … gone as well. oh dear.

Back to the top
Personal choice for me and a few of you may disagree i'm sure, But I think that BBS RS is the ultimate wheel for the mk1, Yes its been done to death, But why? They command high prices but people still buy them its is a classic wheel, People spend 400 on replicas, The only other wheel I think would complement the car is BBS E30 wheels, (not the car E30) those in the know will know what i'm talking about, But those are some rare wheels and exchange hands for big money.

If i was on a budget BBS RM, Or even less, not for shows but daily use old faithful g60, or ATS cups, Like someone mentioned its the wheels that break or make the car. Then again we can't all offord name brand wheels, I would then stick to the originals or something sticking to the VW family.

Just my 02 worth

Back to the top
'Rims to have' isn't about budgets, it's about the ultimate composition and something to aspire to.

How can this not be among the ultimate?

For all those that think they're common or 'done to death', when did you last see them on the road?

RS's work well as do ATS cups. Phase 1 Ronal Turbos and Compomotives are up there.
Other wheels can work well and pull off a decent look, but these can do it without trying too hard.

1980 Mars Red GTI BRMotorsport 142
1983 Black GTI

Back to the top

What model BBS's are these!?

1983 Driver 1.3.
Build thread.

Back to the top
E30

1980 Mars Red GTI BRMotorsport 142
1983 Black GTI

Back to the top
I need them in my life...

1983 Driver 1.3.
Build thread.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.