Skip navigation

Rims to have

Back to the top

Rims to have

Gotta be BBS RS for me on a decked mk1. Im not talkin about mad arch mods, shortened rear beam or stuff like that. Just rolled arches, proper width RS's and some proper stance. The MK1 is the best looking DUB in my book of all time, and stanced on RS's is a killer look. I dare you to find more cleaner natural stance than that, juice or air ride naaah, its not clean enough. Tucked and wound. 8)

Back to the top
BBS are a sheep wheel, baaa baaa!!

Much rather some random splits to bbs.

Ever growing range of new mk1 golf parts www.classic-vw.co.uk

Back to the top
Yep i agree with funk bbs are done to death to be fair, yep there nice but i prefer somethin more original or obscure. I also think its down to the look your after too some golfs on deep dish 13's look great

It dunt fit

Back to the top
Put up your randoms dude, id be interested to see

Back to the top
I ♥ My Classics.  :mrgreen:

Back to the top
Id put some pics up but im on my phone not computer unfortunately i once painted my p slots black but left the lip silver and the p's silver with early steel vw centres which looked ok, i also like banded g60's. For the money bbs are id look at other less known names out there just to be different why spend any where from 700-1000+ pound on somethin that's been done to death and loads of other people have. There's lots of split rims on the internet that look awesome with different dish sizes and centre styles just do a search and you will see.

It dunt fit

Back to the top
I love BBS to but agreed they have been overdone

would love it if someone could tell me the make of my rims ??

Back to the top
I <3 my BBS RM's (if you could tell me the difference between RM's and RS's i'd be grateful!)

Aha, 2" chrome dish and a little bit of stretch:

In my eyes, perfection?

Cheers lads!

1983 Driver 1.3.
Build thread.

Back to the top

Shaney said

I <3 my BBS RM's (if you could tell me the difference between RM's and RS's i'd be grateful!)

In my eyes, perfection?

Cheers lads!
Exactly, show me some random rims better looking than that. Its classic VDUB, why would you want to stick some crappy obsqure french 4x100 rims on a VDUB, or ricebox 4x100 splits.  They oooze quality and style on a mk1. Id rather save some more money up and have BBS RS's than a set of cheap random splits. But thats what makes styling so good, a clash of style

Back to the top

Rims

I'm looking for new rims at the moment , trying to find something that looks a bit different and a bit better than BBS splits but to be honest I keep coming back to them !! 14 " TH lines maybe ……..

Back to the top

Shaney said

In my eyes, perfection?

Cheers lads!
Apart from RM's BEING 2 Piece and RS's BEING 3 piece, the waffle cap on RM's is Dotted and centre caps push in.On RS's the waffle is the same as the face and the centre cap screws on.

Back to the top
Hahahaha, nice dig aimed at me, not that I really care. Lol

Id rather rock a set of wheels I have never seen that bbs. Infact I sold my rs 001s for this reason.

There are loads of splits, image, revolution, Etc

Take a look at www.splitrims.com, billet 3, 4 & 31 easily out trump rs's

Ever growing range of new mk1 golf parts www.classic-vw.co.uk

Back to the top
I may have RM's, and they're probably my fav. Although i also like ATS Classics or cups, Ronal turbos, allycats, TH-Line - By Schmidt (check these out if you're not familiar!).

But, i'll stand by BBS's till the end ;) ahaaa

1983 Driver 1.3.
Build thread.

Back to the top
I like audi pepperpots, clean and simple rims :)

1989 MK1 Golf Clipper
1999 Ford Cougar 2.5 v6 (soon the nightmare will be over and car gone)

Back to the top
allycats are nice on a mk 1

Back to the top

1983 Golf 1.3 Driver:  

Back to the top
I love my 15" Snowflakes but I also love the BBS RM's it came with, just had them refurbed so I can switch at my leisure.

The BBS's as they were when I bought the car.

Since then I've refurbed the centres and got replacement outer rims to narrow them slightly.

Back to the top

these !by a country mile.always had a soft spot for oz turbos

Back to the top
i have had loads of rims on my golf.
 one of the best i think is the original wheels the car rolled out of the dealership on;

when i bought the car it had mk4 polo 16v wheels. i think they looked ok but not quite right;

then you have the old faithful g60 steels. i have had 2 sets of these;

a favourite for many vw drivers is the porsche d90;

i also like the porsche 928 wintercults but you hardly ever see them on a mk1. i have some pics of these on mine but i haven't uploaded them yet. i need to sort out new adaptors;

then this last is one of my favourites so far.
the bbs mahle. yes they are bbs wheels but not rs or rm. not saying these dont look good! because they quite clearly do. hence they have been done so often.
the mahles are just far less common. even more so in the 15x7 et13.
these are the original mesh style wheel;

wheels make or break a car in my opinion. there are so many good sets out there to chose from. everyones taste is different.
a lot of people are putting 17s on at the moment and somehow they look quite good! each to their own though really.
i just like something different

Back to the top
Staggered 15" Zender Sports (star) …. cannot find the damned things though…!

1980 Series 1 GTI (gone now .. what a mistake selling her!)
1979 Series 1 LD - the Mandarin Dragon … gone as well. oh dear.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.