Skip navigation

Hi from West Sussex

Back to the top

Hi from West Sussex

Looks very smart mate, how long you had it?

1983 VW Golf Mk1 Gti

2006 VW Caddy

My Build Thread 

Back to the top
Since July last year. Been tempted to buy another for a while and this turned down my mum garage after being stored for nearly seven years

1983 Cabby Gti All White Edition

Back to the top
I don't know if this would be to far for you but there is a mk1 meet this Sunday at Newlands corner, Guildford GU4 8SE

http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=119022

James

Click for Berkshire Mk1's>>> Facebook

Back to the top
Mines off the road at moment, went to go out in it a couple of days ago and found a wheel bolt laying on the drive. Tried to put it back in and it kept spinning so checked the others on the same wheel and the opposite one did the same. Got new rear drums now but just got to fit them + when I removed the drum noticed cylinder leaking so thats got to be done aswell. Going to limp it down my mums garage on Tuesday so I can get it on a ramp and get the bits done.

1983 Cabby Gti All White Edition

Back to the top
Hello  :D  I think I passed you today going past the old cement works? Mine is also a  Y reg black tin top. I expect you'll get some of my friends waving at you thinking that you are me! Either that or they're going to ask me who's driving my car!

Back to the top

James_W said

I don't know if this would be to far for you but there is a mk1 meet this Sunday at Newlands corner, Guildford GU4 8SE

http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=119022

Hi mate, will try and make tomorrow if i can't make this Sunday will defiantly join you soon. It's about an hour from me so not too far!

Look forward to meet some other members!  :D

Cheers Ross

1983 VW Golf Mk1 Gti

2006 VW Caddy

My Build Thread 

Back to the top

whipy said

Hello  :D  I think I passed you today going past the old cement works? Mine is also a  Y reg black tin top. I expect you'll get some of my friends waving at you thinking that you are me! Either that or they're going to ask me who's driving my car!

Hi mate, yeah would have been me! Are you local then, eg steyning/beeding? I'm yet to see another mk1 in the area. Will try not to be alarmed when people are randomly waving!

1983 VW Golf Mk1 Gti

2006 VW Caddy

My Build Thread 

Back to the top
From Henfield originally but now In North Sompting, just over the Bostal :) Mines been off the road since last week with a cracked head  :( just trying to find another. Not proving easy as it's a 1.6!

Back to the top

whipy said

From Henfield originally but now In North Sompting, just over the Bostal :) Mines been off the road since last week with a cracked head  :( just trying to find another. Not proving easy as it's a 1.6!

Good luck sourcing new head mate, can't really offer any advice as new to the game! I've got a few things to try and sort out this weekend, will be first time I get the car on ramps…

Would love to see a pic of the car  :D

1983 VW Golf Mk1 Gti

2006 VW Caddy

My Build Thread 

Back to the top
Looks pretty much the same as yours, except whipy has double headlamps and tarantula alloys  :wink: Old number plates had to be changed for the MOT. The one's in the pic are from the garage it came from when new!

Back to the top
Very nice mate, like the colour  :wink:

1983 VW Golf Mk1 Gti

2006 VW Caddy

My Build Thread 
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.