Skip navigation

1983 5 door 1.8t conversion (NOW FOR SALE)

Back to the top

1983 5 door 1.8t conversion (NOW FOR SALE)

Fitted the rad still no good the car keeps over heating after some time suspect head gasket now as i'v try to do everything else but till i can get it sniff tested i fitted a rev meter in the car which was my option to putting the MSD Ignition Tach Adapter Magnetic Trigger PN 8920 in place which cost £60 from Cyprus, my rev gauge cost me £30 and i get a shift light plus rpm range from 1-10 took me 20mins to install easy

Back to the top
Found out the head gasket has gone on the mk1 today really gutted and disheartened with the hole thing now. :(

Back to the top
Bugger, was the engine a good one when you got it? Or has it gone with the issue you had with the hot rad?

Back to the top

JonP said

Bugger, was the engine a good one when you got it? Or has it gone with the issue you had with the hot rad?

Well i'm told i must of brought the engine with the head issue as i have not drove the car any sort of distance to of known till i took it for a long drive, plus the guy i brought it off lied about the ecu so i wouldn't be surprised if the engine was in that state as he sold it cheap and i never seen it running.

Back to the top
least engines are cheap these days, just a massive ball ache to swap out

Back to the top

JonP said

least engines are cheap these days, just a massive ball ache to swap out

Yer

Back to the top
At least you know what the problem is now! :D

Head gasket aint too bad a job, get it done and start whupping every other car out on the road! 8)

Back to the top

Phataz1 said

At least you know what the problem is now! :D

Head gasket aint too bad a job, get it done and start whupping every other car out on the road! 8)

Little disheartened about it all don't think it will be on the road till next year now…

Back to the top
time to go bonkers on mods then ;)

Back to the top

JonP said

lol was thinking that but i think 260bhp is enough power was thinking paint but not sure see what money comes free

Back to the top

MK1234Golf said

JonP said

lol was thinking that but i think 260bhp is enough power was thinking paint but not sure see what money comes free

missed the spec, what you got to get there?

Back to the top
sorry to hear that mate, i had similar problem with mine over heating, turned out to be a kink in the lower pipe, but now i have other issues and found out why fuse 18 kept popping, the whole wire from the fusebox to the engine loom connector for coilpack power has burnt out lol.

On another note, where did you get your rev counter from, that looks alot easier than one of those rev counter converters from cyprus

Back to the top
park it up stip it down. after our converstion today fits some forged conrods and ko4 hybrid it. nearly september now winter coming best time to do it ready for next year. and you never look back :)

look what happend to me ebay engine and it was wrecked internally

Back to the top
Gutted dude didn't see this till just now. Hope you can sort something soon, mine will hopefukky be ont road next week, we can pimp lol

Back to the top
Moving house soon guy's so looks like i'll be doing pretty much what Peter suggested, parking it up at my old dears and working on it over the winter for next year as funds going to be low what with moving house and xmas not far away :( But might ask santa for few goodies on a up side :)

Back to the top

rydinator said

sorry to hear that mate, i had similar problem with mine over heating, turned out to be a kink in the lower pipe, but now i have other issues and found out why fuse 18 kept popping, the whole wire from the fusebox to the engine loom connector for coilpack power has burnt out lol.

On another note, where did you get your rev counter from, that looks alot easier than one of those rev counter converters from cyprus

WWW.RSPEC.CO.UK dude ring him up see wht deals he has.

Back to the top
Ok it pains me to say this but i have no choice but to sell the MK1 So if any of you guys want to buy it let me know. :(

Back to the top
spotted this on ebay, shame your selling it mate, if i had the cash and the space i would rip your arm off!

Good luck with sale

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
Thanks mate i'm so gutted its unreal but things happen in life and you have to do the right thing.

Back to the top
Must admit im tempted but I just can't justify it with other house stuff going on. Gutted your selling though mate, its a lovely motor in the flesh
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.