Skip navigation

Full MATT Wrap finished

Back to the top

Full MATT Wrap finished

kirkling said

Moey said

looks really good mate. i was thinking of going matt brown. sort of suit case colour

matt brown would look really good!!! also "battleship grey" in a matt would look pretty cool…
Battleship grey is the colour i want mine done in

Back to the top

DubPartz said

Looks like I'm the odd one out in not liking it then. Having owned the car and known the condition before you did this all I can is what a bloody shame!

I don't know about that. Clearly the car looked great before and it looks great now. The big big difference, the owner has chosen a non permanent method to change things up. So when he gets bored of it he can go back to original.

Now I know a few people who have repainted cars from their original colour and then then regretted it because it's hard to paint it back again properly, but with vinyl I just don't think it's the same.

Back to the top

DubPartz said

Looks like I'm the odd one out in not liking it then. Having owned the car and known the condition before you did this all I can is what a bloody shame!

Odd one out maybe? I've had a wrap in the past and this method only really works with a mint example to start with.

Thanks for the feedback though.  :D

I like it.

kirk

Kirk (Leeds UK)

Back to the top
I got to admit I prefered it before.

That said it does look good.

As you said, wrapping a car only works well when the cars mint.

Luckily modern wraps are easily removed without any damage.

Back to the top
I'm just finishing off wrapping my tintop in Matt White, I think it looks stunning, pictures up soon..

Back to the top
That looks better than i expected.

However you get sold the dream it's nice n' easy to peel off if you fancy a change or want to go back to original but I've seen them peel away your paint as they come off. (But that's with 'Hexis' brand vinyl not 3M). You never know until you peel it! :S

Back to the top
To be honest, if it peels the paint off during removel then the paint was crap in the first place.

Back to the top

Re: Wrap

s1bar said

Clicked on this expecting to hate it …………… But it looks great !!!! Really different and well cool.

thats what i thought looks the dogs nuts

Back to the top
Thats true, if it pulls paint off, its crap paint

I wrap loads of cars and other things,

to wrap that golf should of been around £700 ish

Back to the top
£700 quid..!!

The vinyl for mine has cost just over £500 for 12 metres of Hexis cast matt white, no left overs.

If you can supply and wrap it for £700 I have another car here you can do, I had 2 quotes for 1500 and 1700 quid.

Back to the top

Waterworx said

£700 quid..!!

The vinyl for mine has cost just over £500 for 12 metres of Hexis cast matt white, no left overs.

If you can supply and wrap it for £700 I have another car here you can do, I had 2 quotes for 1500 and 1700 quid.

Don't forget.. apparently you have to have an immaculate paint job first or else it'll peel all your paint off - so that's a cool £1500 paint job first before you get to vinyl!

Back to the top
Lol.

Doesnt have to be immaculate just free from defects, laquer peel, chipped ect.

Back to the top
Thats correct, my car was all flatted back and prepped for a paint job then decided to wrap it

Back to the top

Mogs said

Don't forget.. apparently you have to have an immaculate paint job first or else it'll peel all your paint off - so that's a cool £1500 paint job first before you get to vinyl!

Like getting a full makeover and then wearing a balaclava!

DubPartz

Back to the top
Not really, the finish is much better than I could have got having it sprayed, vinyl cost me £500 for top quality stuff, did it myself over a few weekends and a few hours on you tube.
A half decent spray job is £1500 which I havent got.
This Vinyl is good for 9 years.

Back to the top
not a great fan of wraps after seeing my mates rs500 focus in the matt wrap.im not to shabby at the detailing lark but had my work cut out with this one.mind you,ive just seen a wrap on a m3 beemer in gloss white wrap and i must admit its really good

Back to the top
Nice wrap mate I like it.  8)

rsdub said

not a great fan of wraps after seeing my mates rs500 focus in the matt wrap.im not to shabby at the detailing lark but had my work cut out with this one.mind you,ive just seen a wrap on a m3 beemer in gloss white wrap and i must admit its really good

Being a member of the RS owners club I know that the Focus RS500 wrap is really shoddy and dealers have had lots of complaints from owners about it peeling off etc so your mate isn't alone.

Back to the top
bloody hell, thats expensive, ive used hexis for 10 years, but you must not be on the best rate

im an approved wrapper, recommened by hexis although i dont do cars any more, moved on from that

You've bought hexpress material i presume, you'll need a hot air gun, plus a heat laser as it needs to be heated to exact heat,

costs all depends how far you want to go, door shuts, etc

Back to the top
Guys... Hate the haters.....! Was a photoshop!

Kirk (Leeds UK)

Back to the top

kirkling said

Guys… Hate the haters…..! Was a photoshop!

:?  Uh?
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.