Skip navigation

Full MATT Wrap finished

Back to the top

Full MATT Wrap finished

SteB said

Cool, I really like it 👍. The army look looks really good 😃.

thanks a lot… need a roof rack now if there are any out there for a decant price. cheers for the comment bud.

kirk

Kirk (Leeds UK)

Back to the top

arf333 said

yes mate love it, looks wicked

what was the ticket for ?

haha… well spotted - i'd like to say its an accessory but unfortunately they grabbed em while i was trying to get a £10 note changed…. fair cop tho'

was a bit gutted.

Kirk (Leeds UK)

Back to the top

rowlesy said

looks as good as paint from the pics

a couple of people over the weekend couldn't believe its a wrap and not paint.

Kirk (Leeds UK)

Back to the top

baggie said

How much and what prep please

i had it done as a favour (not what you know)… but i think with a really good vinyl it isn't much cheaper than a spray… but i can always get it removed if i fancy a change at some point.

i think about £1500 - £2000 (the vinyl is 3M)

Kirk (Leeds UK)

Back to the top

Waterworx said

That looks fantastic mate, great choice of colour  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

thanks a lot!!!!   :D

Kirk (Leeds UK)

Back to the top

Desperado said

It looks great in those pictures.

What's the finish like up close, as good as paint?

i think it is as good! honestly surprised me…

Kirk (Leeds UK)

Back to the top

mk1afc said

The ride height and stance of that car is spot on!

Thanks a lot bud!!! look forward to seeing you at the next lot of shows….

Kirk (Leeds UK)

Back to the top

machine said

Wowzers, I just made a mess of my trousers.! Looks absolutely mint.

How much did that bad boy cost you? I'd love to get mine done ;-)

Is it tough? I mean, what happens if it gets a nick in it, does it all peel off?

haha, go for it!!!

Kirk (Leeds UK)

Back to the top

Moey said

looks really good mate. i was thinking of going matt brown. sort of suit case colour

matt brown would look really good!!! also "battleship grey" in a matt would look pretty cool…

Kirk (Leeds UK)

Back to the top
NICE!

Mk1 Gti Cabby project on the go! Detailed engine, roof off, leather interior, 16's, painted, now getting put back together!

http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=103263&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc

Back to the top
Still not letting us in on how much it would cost us? Haha

Back to the top

cups

Are your wheels 5.5x15 ATS cups? Did they come with the VW centre caps, any idea where I can get some?

Back to the top
hell yes!! im loving that!!!!

Back to the top
Sweeeeeeet…

Funny - I was looking at wrap on ebay today.
Than new 3M stuff is pricey though!

How easy does it come off and does it leave a horrible sticky residue behind that would require 3 weeks of scrubbing with turps, ruining the underlying paint anyway?

Back to the top

Re: Wrap

s1bar said

Clicked on this expecting to hate it …………… But it looks great !!!! Really different and well cool.

Me too!!  :lol:

Got the thumbs up in our house!!!  :wink:

Back to the top
looks great 8)

Back to the top

marky4 said

looks great 8)

thanks dude….

Kirk (Leeds UK)

Back to the top
Looks like I'm the odd one out in not liking it then. Having owned the car and known the condition before you did this all I can is what a bloody shame!

DubPartz

Back to the top
Damn, is this your old car Dubpartz.  :(

I don't dislike the wrap but I'd imagined it was a bit of a grotter underneath there. Perhaps a before and after would've gained a different response.  :?

Still I suppose this guy owns the car so he can do what he likes, just seems a shame it was such a tidy original looking example that was used as the base car.

Mk1 Golf floor mats - for tin top and cabriolet - Zero7796 17298Five

Back to the top
car looks really tidy above but this type of wrap is easlily removable, i like the wrapped car and the before photo god damm it :-)

and you cant really use a grotter underneath as if the panels are rusty or bubly it will show through wrap , you would have to fill and sand everything back and then wrap over the top of a rotter.

has made me think about the scricco that it on the scene half a rat and half a minter, i wonder if you could have a half black sportline cabby and half red one ! ;-)

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.