Back to the top

It started with a leak! upgrade interior and suspension

Nice read, Really like the interior

Back to the top

pm

Hi you have a pm

Back to the top

chipster2407 said

Hi mate just wondering where did u get the dynamat from and which type was it? I've seen a few on the net and there's a few different types :s

Cheers dan

(great job with the sound deadening btw :) )

Hi Dan,

I bought it from a place called Source in Chapletown near Sheffield a real professional outfit. They advised me dynamat is the best however they do stock another type which is the stuff you can see in some of the photographs with a diamond pattern on it. The only reason I have both types is that I cleaned them out of dynamat. The only difference is that the stuff with diamond pattern is not as pliable out of the box and therefore a little bit difficult to mould around but that is easily resolved with wheat gun or the wife's hairdryer to warm it up a bit before you stick it on. In terms of their performance I was told they are the same.

Tanks for the comments fellas I will hopefully get started on the suspension etc in February I have not had any time due to being busy at work so I will be posting my progress early next year

Back to the top
Not been too well so I have done nothing to the car. Back at work now home again next week for a month so I will get cracking. 16 v idea has been binned so see my post in for sale section. everything for the conversion is up for sale including the exhaust manifold and Amd 16 vv polished and ported head. this engine did 165 on the dyno and 148ft/lb of torque with amuch flatter curve. Sticking with 8v and fitting a 3A 2ltre blk and a gti engineering ,Re1900 head instead

Back to the top
Well I am back!!,
I had so much going on with work …out of the country for 7 months of the year, moving house and fitting in holidays I have neglected the forum other than to pay my annual subscription. I have just seemed to be so busy.

My contract comes to an end soon and I hope to make a concerted effort e to do some work on SWMBO's car again. I think the last thing I did was fit the rear headrests. After that is was garaged for the winter and not put back on the road again. I think my last post on this thread was march 2013.

The car has only done 18 miles since then.

The good news is I have a massive double garage now at our new gaff, shelves full of new shiney bits that have been gathering dust for nearly two years and an engine stand to work on the 3A engine.

Been reading some of the build threads I was following and unfortunately due to the IT police here cannot see the photographs but
 Mike Turbo's RS3 4 x4  and Baggie's build…respect!! I will take another look when I get back to the UK in October to see the pic's

I have a few bits on my parts list to buy to get the car completed and hopefully make it for the 2015 meet. 
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.