Skip navigation

Fisherman in Looe today........

Back to the top

Fisherman in Looe today........

Saw Dave (Fisherman) driving his daily driver down Looe harbour at high tide (12.30pm) this afternoon (Mystique II - Fishing boat!)  

Will get the video up later on , only just got back from my day trip to Cornwall  :mrgreen:

Good to see you Dave  :P  :P

Back to the top
Seen you walking in the street, was driving through but a blow of the horn might of thought i was abit crazy!
P.s Im daves son

Mk1 Golf TinTop 5 door 2.0Litre Abf bottom end/Kr head Twin 40 webbers

Back to the top
my auntie brought the post office in looe,we found 2 houses in looe hannafore side,we were so close to all moving down there but the sale of he post office fell through so it never happened  :|  our family friends used to own the west cliff hotel,i spent many a holiday in there   8)
Bert

Thats not a rod knockin,its a diesel stupid! floppy top and 1 tin top

Back to the top
Cant beat it,wouldnt want to live anywhere else Bert……Good to see you yesterday Gammy,the trip home must have gone alright,thats good.You would have seen the caddy on the quay but we went out at 1am and I couldnt leave it on the carpark that time of a Saturday morning with the clubs still to kick out  :roll:  

Back to the top
Hi Dave, good to see you busy at work yesterday and yes the car got back nice and safely :wink:

Bert, the mother in law and family seriously looked at buying a house on Hannafore point about 25 years ago, but a job promotion happened and they stayed in Shropshire.

Well, below is a video of Fishermans daily driver coming down the harbour yesterday, I didn't know it was Dave until I saw him driving it / steering it / skippering it…………..heck!  whatever you call someone driving a boat  :mrgreen:

Click it to watch video….

Back to the top
we seen this parked up in looe yesterday i was parked in the big car park
what a lovely day it was in yesterday we had the top off all day and now i have a burnt forehead and panda eyes :)

ERROR: A link was posted here (url) but it appears to be a broken link.

Keiron foster Forever Fund for Meningitis UK

xxx jen xxx

Back to the top
WOW! Can't believe I've stumbled across this thread!!!

I saw this caddy about 2 years ago, parked up next to the harbour.

I've been holidaying in Looe, for 22 years (23 years old), I even lived down there for a short time.

My nan and grandad have been going down there for over 40 years, and my great nan owned the Gull's hotel an Hannafore side, and Im sure she owned Harbour House at some point too!

Im hoping to come down for a week or so if i can get the time off work, in july/august, in my mk1 cab. Would be great to have a nose around the caddy etc while I'm down.

So random to spot a thread about Looe, have so much love for the place, I spent my childhood holidays jumping off the pier/bridge, over the rock pools, on the beach, fishing, running around the town and in the arcades haha! Pasties and cornish ice cream = some of the best food in the world :D

Back to the top
forgot to mention that my nan's mum was offered St George's Island (Looe Island) for £23,000 many years ago too!!

Back to the top

Bounty said

So random to spot a thread about Looe, have so much love for the place, I spent my childhood holidays jumping off the pier/bridge, over the rock pools, on the beach, fishing, running around the town and in the arcades haha! Pasties and cornish ice cream = some of the best food in the world :D

I rate Looe as top drawer  8)

Me and the wife get down to Looe as often as we can (probably once every 3 years nowadays, but used to be more frequent visits back in the late 80's early 90's) used to stay on a small caravan park in Millendreath when we could, but also stayed a few times just up the road on the road to Polperro.  
Used to pop into the "Fat Willys" shop and get the latest T-Shirts, even had the Sun strip on the Mk1 Polo  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

Back to the top
i rekon we have a trip to looe,like the german trip  8)
Gammy get it sorted  :lol:
Bert

Back to the top
saying that,40 odd mk1 golfs in looe car park may be a bit of a problem  8O
Bert

Back to the top
Woo a trip where everyone else has to travel 200 miles to attend !!!
Got a new mk1 that will be seen round looe now!

Mk1 Golf TinTop 5 door 2.0Litre Abf bottom end/Kr head Twin 40 webbers

Back to the top
Yeah Looe is awesome! If the weather's right, there arent many places that will beat it for me, mainly because of centimental value etc.

If it rains though you're pretty much buggered haha!

Should be coming down with most of the family and my girlfriend (first trip to looe)

My uncle and aunty got married in the church over west looe a couple of years ago, and my aunty came down from the bridge in one of the ferrys in her dress etc :)

Back to the top
a meet down looe sounds like a bloody good idea to me! better than a macy d's car park. you locals got a good idea for a place to meet, me and a mate will come over from truro.

Rusty Hookers Dub Club

Back to the top
The start of this thread sounded like 'tenuous link to Looe' on the Chris Evans show!!

5hrs 31mins - 316 miles for a meet!
No problem, did Cribbs Causeway for one once!!  :mrgreen:

Back to the top
Fisherman id just like to say ur caddy is AWESOME!!! Seens it at a couple of shows now n is def my fav caddy so far :)

Click on the link below to see my mk1 16v project

http://vwgolfmk1.org.u…-16v-project#post_1081899

Back to the top
Why thank you sir,its always nice to know its appreciated in the flesh,sometimes pictures can be misleading,bit of recipricol praise "your builds looking good"  :clap:

Front wheels stripped and rebuilt with slightly narrower Radinox lips and a small front splitter fitted.

Back to the top
So do u actually drive ur caddy about much fisherman?? Surely u wudnt want all that chrome getting dirty? I've not long got mine on the road and am scared to drive it in the weather were havin at the moment lol

Back to the top
Driven every day,like to think I could keep it mint but cant see any point in having something and not using it,besides that I get a real buzz from it…..but I do spend a helluva lot of time cleaning it   :roll:

Back to the top
Lol same mate, I dnt get how some ppl spend so much time doing up a car to not drive it, I gave mine a damn good clean the other day ( been drivin it in the rain) I cudnt help myself lol having not long got it on the road I am loving every min of drivin it lol, u got ur caddy in any other shows?

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.