Skip navigation

S1 1979 inari silver PD TDI

Back to the top

S1 1979 inari silver PD TDI

Back to the top
good evening all!
Well great evening i know its been a while since a update but i have quite a fir few things.
I have given the whole underneeth and innerwings and rear arches 2/3 coats of por15 and then a coat of waxoyl. Then i have put in my 02j 6 speed shift tower. Then tonight i have put in my pd tdi with my 02m drw gearbox and so far made two of my custom mounts needed will post up pics when i am allmost finished and have time to take some pics :D

Back to the top
Nice work mate

How did you strip the paint   ?

Cheers

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top
i stripped the paint by a large angle grinder with a very large twiseted knot wheel. One thing you should know is its very messy but very good.

Back to the top
More updates this evening.

we have finished off the gearbox mount and the water pump mount then shifted over the frount mount with the rubber ball insert so it sits in the center of the block. all thats left is the rear mount that will be tackled tomorrow evening which is a mixture between mk1 gearbox mount with half the mk4/bora mount with a custom joining in the middle :D

Back to the top

azzatdi said

i stripped the paint by a large angle grinder with a very large twiseted knot wheel. One thing you should know is its very messy but very good.

A pic of it please

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top
Awesome shift so far :D

Back to the top
will get you a pic of both mate not a problem
or ill pm you a link.

thanks dmcessential!

More updates this evening (i will get some pics up at the weekend)

all four mounts done now and the pd lump looking very snug in its new bay! had to do some more trimming on the engine bay to make sure there will be no rubbing/knocking when reving.
Engine is all out now waiting for a new fresh black coat, water pump and cambelt.
Next step is to clean up the area seam seel some bits but not all then stone chip the lower section on the engine bay
then i will be ready for more filler and primer :D

Back to the top
very interested in how this turns out, keep up the good work.

Back to the top
wow! not hanging about pal! looks really good! cant wait to see the finished piece!