Skip navigation

Paint code label missing

Back to the top

Paint code label missing

Hi guys trying to find out the paint code for my 83 golf GL 5 door the sticker is missing from the inside of the rear slim panel! Is there any other way of finding out?

Steve

Back to the top
Try looking in here……

The Mk1 Golf Owners Club

Cheers, Dave.

Banner

Back to the top
Not really any good with the sticker dude but thanks
Heres the car maybe somebody know what colour it is
And yes it's OEM paint

Steve

Back to the top
Is it metallic paint? Can't make my mind up from the pictures. If it is I would say it's Aero Blue Metallic LD5V.

Dan

1983 Cabby Gti All White Edition

Back to the top
Thanks Dan yes its metallic

Steve

Back to the top
No probs, I would however get a 2nd or 3rd opinion but looking at the pic and another in that colour they look similar.

Back to the top
Im Gunna nip to the dealers with my chassis number see if they can pull anything off the system! Why do people remove that bloody sticker!! Drives me crackers

Steve

Back to the top
If you tell them what you think it might be they might be able to match it. I've just gone by a list of colours that were used in that year and picked the closest one, there were a couple of other metallics but going alot lighter or darker.

Back to the top
Your car looks very similar to the colour of my car - I had the same problems as you, but in my case, the colour code in the boot referred to a different colour.

The dealership couldn't wait, so I did a massive trawl of the internet and found it - details on my thread - do you think its the same colour?here

Back to the top
It is similar but mine seems more turquoise

Steve

Back to the top
Well the dealers couldn't help LD5V wasnt even showing on there system and my chassis number wasn't even recognised! Might just have to get a test pot mixed and see what the match is like

Steve

Back to the top
Oh thats not good. It is definatley a vw colour. Problem is looking at pics doesent give a good idea due to light conditions.

Dan

Back to the top
True that dan, once it's running properly(that's another issue) think I'll take it to a bodyshop I know who are Vw friendly see what they can dig up

Steve

Back to the top
Only 2 blue for your year.

Aero Blue Metallic

LD5V

Baikal Blue

LK5A

And the above looks to be non metallic so ring your local paint place and take the car with you and quote the paint number codes.

They usually have test strips with the actual paint on them, so you can match it next to yours.

"Making Cabbies More Beautiful One Roof at a Time" 

Back to the top
Interesting stuff! Thanks guys will let you know how I get on

Steve

Back to the top
I still think it's the same colour as mine - LP5U - bright blue metallic

Back to the top
Hmmmm I recognise those pictures.

Back to the top
I'm on golfgti too mate u may of seen um on there?
Where abouts in w. Yorks are you mate?

Steve

Back to the top

veedubjunky said

I'm on golfgti too mate u may of seen um on there?
Where abouts in w. Yorks are you mate?

Normally behind the counter at GSF in Leeds. :lol:

Back to the top
Oh right is it Matt? You'll probably wish you'd not given away your true identity now! You'll be swamped with requests for special discount!

Steve
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.