Skip navigation

autoleathers.co.UK any 1 used

Back to the top

autoleathers.co.UK any 1 used

I do like the look of those, my cabby is all white so I'm thinking some sort of black/white combination.  I'll have to have a look around and see what people have done.

Back to the top

this is how mine came out

still need to make them tighter though, i gave in with ripping off my finger nails xD

Back to the top
Don't look too shabby at all bud! Did you remove all the old seat material first? Was looking through djrussf1's build thread and he stripped it all off and put extra foam in to pad it all out.

Back to the top
Yep just buying my foam and glue so that i should have everything to start when they get here

It dunt fit

Back to the top
yeh i removed the material, best to put more foam in as it goes slack if not like mine did

Back to the top
Seat looks ok think a bit of padding would prob sort it if you wanted it tighter.

It dunt fit

Back to the top
Found they were a bit slack without extra padding.

Pain in the arse to get right but worth the extra effort.

Used 12mm upholsterers scrim foam.

Original foam…

Extra applied…

Very tight fit…my fingers were raw!!!

Will get some pics when they're back in the car.

Worth taking your time and you can get them nice!

Good luck with them!

Mk1 Gti Cabby project on the go! Detailed engine, roof off, leather interior, 16's, painted, now getting put back together!

http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=103263&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc

Back to the top
They look great, what colour is it as they look the same as what i'm ordering.

Dan

1983 Cabby Gti All White Edition

Back to the top
As arf333 says i have bought a complete re trim doorcards and all from autoleathers and the fitting instructions were pants !!! any advice that you want just ask or pm me, the whole thing took a weekend to do and im chiffed with the results.

Did you get a bespoke set made mine are all black with red piping.

Cheers Dave.

Cheers, Dave.

Banner

Back to the top
Fitting instructions?

What fitting instructions?

I wish!

Fair play for fitting them in a weekend. Mine took longer but agree a good result can be achieved.

Mk1 Gti Cabby project on the go! Detailed engine, roof off, leather interior, 16's, painted, now getting put back together!

http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=103263&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc

Back to the top
Thats why I'm going to go with getting them to fit mine. I can see me getting really stressed out with trying to fit them.

Dan

Back to the top
Its not stressful, if you take your time the perfect results can and will be done..........and breathe.........lol

Cheers, Dave.

Banner

Back to the top
Yeah I do have paitents but with 3 kids trying to help all the time and not a great amount of space to set them aside and sort them out other than the sitting room or outside, for the money they want to fit I'm quite happy.

Dan

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.