Skip navigation

FRONT GRILLE GTI BADGE FOR LATE CABBY?

Back to the top

FRONT GRILLE GTI BADGE FOR LATE CABBY?

Does anyone know where I can get one of these for a standard front grille 1993 Cabby, I know you can get them easy enough for the older type grilles, but I cant find them anywhere for the newer grille. I know they definately made them for the big bumper newer cabbys because I had a new one back in 1991 and that had one.....so where, oh where, have they all gone????

Back to the top

"Making Cabbies More Beautiful One Roof at a Time" 

Back to the top
Should have added GTI in the description as well as the title, but thanks, good to know :-)

Back to the top
A ha I see, you mean the actual "GTI" badge.

Probably E Bay, these  seem to missing on a lot of GTI's too.

Back to the top
i might be wrong but i thought the late cabs used mk2 gti grille badges?

Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

My wiring diagrams and other documents have moved here:

VAG Documents & Downloads

You'll need to sign into google/gmail for the link to work! (its free!)

Back to the top
The Sportline and Rivage ones have a different Part number to the one I got off E Bay thinking it was the same thing.

But the 'GTI' is a bit bigger.

No 0n mine is 191 853 679 L

It does fit…

Back to the top
i think i have this somewhere, does it look like a regular gti badge from the front but the clips at the back are slanted to fit the later grill?

Back to the top
I dont know is the easy answer as I dont have one to compare :-) Guys, is this right???If so and its in good nick I would be interested????

Back to the top
Have a look at the part number.

I need one if there is one going spare…

It looks on the one I have that it looks like there should be 3 prongs that fit onto the slats in the grille.

Mine fits but it's loose, so would probably fall off when driving lol.

cheers

chortle

Back to the top
sorry, mine is completely different.. :(

Back to the top
Oh well, cheers for looking :-)

Back to the top
I cant find any mention of a front gti badge at all in etka so no help there im afraid! just have to hope someone has an original they can get the part number from

Back to the top
Big Norm Rivage has the origional one as I did him a refurb kit for the GTI badge.

That's what made me think that the one I had was correct till I compared them side by side.

You would need to look hard or know the difference to be fair.

Back to the top
the odd thing is it doesnt list a gti badge for any of them, even pre-84! i put the mk1 gti badge into etka and its not listed for cab, only mk1 tintop.

im starting to think maybe these were only fitted at the dealer, rather than at the factory

Back to the top
On looking at lots of piccies when I was looking for a Rivage or sportline, I noticed quite a few had them on the front grille.

The part numbers on mine and norms are different, but size wise there's not a lot in it.

Norms was smaller, but I can see your logic as why would VW make 2 different size badges around the same time as the sportlines and Rivages were produced they were into the mk2 phase of production anyway?

Back to the top
well it wasnt really logic, just an assumption they were the same after seeing some  on cabs that looked the same from a distance :lol:

i just cant figure out why they arnt in etka at all, or if they are in there where the hell they are :lol:
if i have a number i can look up what other models had them, and also check on the vw classic site to see if they are being reproduced yet

Back to the top
I knew I had it somewhere

853 VAG 763

That is what was on the back of Big Norms Badge.

Back to the top
that confirms it! front badges on cabs are dealer fit, not factory fit. thats a vw accessories catalogue number :)

Back to the top
Where can I get a copy of the dealers catalouge, must be interesting reading.. lol.

Back to the top
i havent yet found the accessories catalogue, the best i got was on the old etka 7.0 had an old and jumbled up version of it. some gems to be found but everything was jumbled with odd descriptions so hard to get anything.

the givaway is the 'VAG' in the middle of the part number, that will only come from the accessories catalogue. proper part numbers are all numbers, maybe with a letter or 2 at the end

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.