Skip navigation

Intermittent Fueling Issue (Mk1 Caddy)

Back to the top

Intermittent Fueling Issue (Mk1 Caddy)

Coil, make sure it is the right type for the engine, do not believe what the car shop tells you just because they can cross reference it against your reg on their system. There are types for electronic ignition and those for points. they do not mix and the wrong type will burn your points and condenser out.

Points, condenser, plugs, leads, dizzy, rotor and make sure its timed properly.

Back to the top
also note 2 types of electronic ignition coil based on age, the leads, cap and arm differ too. early cap/coil have a plain hole with wings on the leads to contact the outer edge. later cap/coil have a pin in the middle of the hole and leads have a tube end with circlip to clip over the pin

Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

My wiring diagrams and other documents have moved here:

VAG Documents & Downloads

You'll need to sign into google/gmail for the link to work! (its free!)

Back to the top

hi

JonP said

Coil, make sure it is the right type for the engine, do not believe what the car shop tells you just because they can cross reference it against your reg on their system. There are types for electronic ignition and those for points. they do not mix and the wrong type will burn your points and condenser out.

Points, condenser, plugs, leads, dizzy, rotor and make sure its timed properly.

hmmm the coil i just bought said not to be fitted with contact breaker points, i thought well i gave them the reg of the car it should be the right one but may be not.
May be this is why i cant get an accurate timing with the strobe light i can centre it but it skips to the left then to the right back and forth.
my carburator is manual choke but the engines revs like its got a faulty auto choke.

Back to the top
Have you gotten anywhere with this problem yet, I am still having similar issues.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.