Skip navigation

1984 Blue Cab GLi - Now in Gibraltar!

Back to the top

1984 Blue Cab GLi - Project BlueMotion Painted - Pics

bet your dads chuffed with it, that is a gorgeous cabby and so much work went into it :-)

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top

richyhill said

bet your dads chuffed with it, that is a gorgeous cabby and so much work went into it :-)

yep  :D , thought its all wrapped up for winter.

Puts the pressure on me to get mine right, before i bring it down to Gibraltar.

Back to the top
Very nice! The chrome really sets the blue off..

I'm a big fan of the cabby minus the clipper kit..

Back to the top

BIGNICKC said

Very nice! The chrome really sets the blue off..

I'm a big fan of the cabby minus the clipper kit..

Thank you, its amazing how different they seem with and without the clipper kit.

just fitted smoked indicators as well now, and amzing how a £5 mod, can clean up the lines of a car :D

and sitting next to my dads car  :punk:

Back to the top
I think the wheels look good, if it were me though I'd stick 165/40's on them and then you could get it a little lower.

Back to the top
Well had to sell the TT interior :( , just sat that little bit too high for me (I'm 6'3"), but luckily the guy who bought them is a little shorter so should be great for him.

However i have sourced some corrado seats, hopefully should be sorted in next couple of weeks, and going to retrim them and the original rear seats in black leather, which will match the rest of the interior.

I have also finally started planning journey to get car to me in Gib, and so on 3rd April, it will be boarding the ferry to spain, going to be a fun drive down after that.

Back to the top
Sounds awesome mate. Make sure you take plenty of pics to post up. Oh and remember the boot full of spares :lol:

Back to the top
Well corrado seats are paid for and being delivered straight to the upholsterer.

They are going to retrimmed along with rear seats, in black vinyl (couldn't stretch to leather) with blue piping, should be finished by 3rd March. All that will be left is the ICE (I have full pioneer prs system - HU, Front 2 way (which I run active), and rear subs with 2 amps, top quality kit 5 years ago, hope it all works as been in a cupboard for two years) which I will do once I have driven the car down here at beginning of April.

Been a long road, but the end is in sight. Then a nice long summer to enjoy her.

Back to the top
FInally coming to the end mate. Good work. Let's see some pics of the retrim when it's done.

Back to the top
Quick update:

Some finishing touches are happening befor i drive it down to Gib next week.

Blowing exhaust has been sorted, leak from blanking plate on 9a block has been resolved, and a faulty temp gauge has been sorted as well.

And the retrimmd interior (Front Corrados and rear seats) are going to be delivered in a couple of hours or so. Will stick pics up when i get home from work.

I have also got an uprated headlight loom which will be fitted on wednesday. Seats will be fitted at the weekend. Also the piece de la resistance a gti badge for the rear.  :thumbs:

Back to the top
Sounds great mate. Looking forward to pics.  :thumbs:

Back to the top
seats have turned up and look so much better:

downside is fan isn't switching on (the last two weeks seems to be continuous 1 step forward and two back)

hopefully just a switch or something easy to sort.

Back to the top
Also got these, which i'll fit at the weekend along with the seats, and m3 style crystal rear lights.

Back to the top
Seats look awesome mate. Bet they cost a few £££ to have done.   ;)

Back to the top

smudger1980 said

Seats look awesome mate. Bet they cost a few £££ to have done.   ;)

suprisingly pretty reasonable, at £400.  Not 100% happy as doesn't look completely square, but at that price happy, and so much better than before. Will last another 20 years or so before they will need redoing  :thumbs:

Rears have just been fitted by my dad, and he is now working on the fronts (from a Corrado) pics will go up when i am home from work.

Unfortunately another patch of oil has turned up under the car again overnight, after it was supposedly fixed  :P . So another thing to sort out.

Back to the top
Not a bad price mate as you say. Good luck fixing the leak. best to get that sorted before you drive all that way to Gibraltar :lol:

Back to the top
Sorted a few things this week:

Lights all working, indicators sorted (new switch and hazard relay), plus swapped rear for crystals:

Also fitted the badges (no photo yet).

Also identified location of leaks:

First was the stopper in top of gearbox had come loose, so pushed it in properly.

However it looks like sump gasket needs changing, but as very little oil leaking going to risk it, and sort once in Gib.

Also found a little coolant escaping from pipe coming from radiator so tightened jubilee clip, so hopefully thats sorted as well.

Downside is bodyshop have used air gun on locking wheel nut, and i cant get the thing off, which is a right pain as wanted to raise the car an inch so i don't have problems getting on the ferry, so last minute stop at a tyre place first thing on the morning to try and sort it, also need it if we have a puncture.

Here is a phot of the interior in place, such a better driving position, I would recommend Raddo's to everyone.

and with seatbelts sorted

Also have a list of things that i need todo over the coming year:

Sump Gasket
Top mount radiator
relocate battery to boot
new/refurb airflow meter
start tidying up engine wiring so hidden
Powder coat rear beam and few other suspension bits.
Found a small rust patch in floor that i want to address before it creates a hole.
New carpet
New door rubbers
new sill trims
sort locks etc so all running of one kwy
Fit decent stereo, Sound deadening, custom door pods etc
Golf ball gear knob
New pedals

and thats about it!!!!:lol:

Back to the top
Those seats look awesome fitted matey. When's the big off to Gib then??

Back to the top
Well i have arrived in Gib, but suffered a couple of problems, the first is the fan is currently run on a manual switch, the worst however was sump gasket went, so had to stop all the time to top up. Luckily i have ordered one, and shall be fitting this weekend.

also some electrical gremlins raised there head, such as temp gauge light flashing, and rev counter stopping when headlights put on!!! Guess need to sort all my earthing points.

will stick pics of trip up this weekend, Otherwise drove like a dream.

Back to the top
Congrats on making it. Think of it this way, the Mk1 kept you on your toes and made the journey more interesting :lol:

Enjoy the sun :)
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.