Skip navigation

1984 Blue Cab GLi - Now in Gibraltar!

Back to the top

1984 Blue Cab GLi - Project BlueMotion Painted - Pics

Will look awesome in that colour mate! You going do ditch the arch trims or keep them? I kept mine naked it looks super clean.

Back to the top

utterly-dubberly said

Will look awesome in that colour mate! You going do ditch the arch trims or keep them? I kept mine naked it looks super clean.

No they are coming off, just deciding whether to have a cl small one on the rears to protect them from stone chips, but i think i won't bother as its not my daily.

And once my blue TT leather interior goes in, should be amazing, ready for some trips on the costa del sol.

Back to the top
Haha i went the same way i fitted cl spats i love them on mine.Would love to take mine for a spin around the costas the ol man has a villa down south so one day who knows.

Back to the top
Finally managed to get some phots since car has come home from engine/suspension and brake works:

Engine in:

G/Box, lower strut and new bushes:

So plan now is to get things sorted for MOT, so new windscreen and tyres, and run it in for a couple of months. Interior will go in durring this time, and then we can start sorting body for paint in the new year.

Back to the top
Quick update, had to abandon the miami blue, as budget couldn't stretch that far, however the respray is going ahead with original colour.

Its at the body shop now and will be ready in 3 weeks, so plenty of pics when its out.

Then to fit the blue leather TT interior so i can take it out for a quick spin over xmas.

Back to the top
Shame about the last minute change of colour mate but good news she's finally getting sprayed.

Looking forward to the pics in a few weeks.

Smudger

Back to the top
This is ace! love the look of that engine!

Will be watching this!

Back to the top

GibGTi said

Is it just me or is there cut in half golf in the back of this pic  8O  8O

Wanted: Front Bumper, DESPERATELY NEED A DRIVERS WING!

MY Build Thread

My Facebook Build Page #Project83

Back to the top
Some big progress has been made this week prepping the car for its respray, a few little bits of rust had been found, but luckily no major bits identified. Anyway here are some pics to show the progress this week. Its also the point whee you think, what the hell have i done!

Back to the top
Nice update matey. Good news there wasn't a load of rust.

Keep the updates coming.

Smudger

Back to the top
Thanks,

should be pretty much finished end of next week week as these guys don't have much work on at the moment.

Just finally managed to get some thin chrome side trim as well, so the exterior finishing touches are almost sorted.

Nest big job is the TT interior, which i will trial fit once its out of the body shop, however i am now thinking to get this retrimmed in the new year, probably white with blue piping, as well as the door cards, and a new carpet. Caught the bug properly now and want it perfect.

Though nothing like doing everything in the wrong order :lol:

As i need to refurb the wish bones and rear beam, which i thought we be ok for now, and then stuck in a bling engine lol.

Back to the top
Looki g good dude!

GibGTi said

Its also the point whee you think, what the hell have i done!

Haha I went to see finish striping the last few bits off my golf yesterday as it's being primed and sanded this week, ready for paint inside and out. Took one look at the completely bare shell and thought.. What the hell have I done this for!! :D

Wanted: Front Bumper, DESPERATELY NEED A DRIVERS WING!

MY Build Thread

My Facebook Build Page #Project83

Back to the top
Well the paint job is finished, and the car is sat on the driveway:

and

couple of finishing touches required on exterior including smoked indicators and rear crystal lights, then to start getting the blue TT leather interior installed.

but so pleased with paintjob.

also this is quite handy as well:

Back to the top
some more pics:

Back to the top
289,000 on the clock 8O

is that in euros or church of england?

1983 Golf 1.3 Driver:  

Back to the top
Looks awesome mate. Lovely car :clap:

I bet you're chuffed to bits about it.

Back to the top
Still a bit of work needed.

I need to get the interior in, and fit rear lights, and smoked indicator lenses, plus still some play in the gear lever even though has new TSR linkage, guess needs some adjustment. Also getting some play in the steering, so hopefully nothing too serious. as for the mileage, its in Euros but still 180,000 miles +

Back to the top
Paintwork looks lovely mate.

Only thing I would say is the wheels look way to big for the car.

Back to the top

BigNormRivage said

Paintwork looks lovely mate.

Only thing I would say is the wheels look way to big for the car.

The wheels have been a dilema, they're 16s, but i do love them, b uti am tempted to go down to a 15, and really would love some OZ turbos, but untill funds allow.

Though in the mean time i am tempted to swap with my dads which are in the garage where this is hidden (most of you will probably recognise this  :D ):

Back to the top
Now that is a lovely set of wheels. :clap:
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.