Skip navigation

Cabby without bumpers?

Back to the top

Cabby without bumpers?

I've been looking for this for a while. But I can't seem to find pictures anywhere. Only from the side. I'm currently looking for a cabby, but I've always loved the way Mk1 golf looks without bumpers or any plastic for that matter. So i'm wondering if anyone got any pictures to share with me? I've looked through all the pages in the "Post your fave pic of your mk1!" post, but there was none. But I do know that they exist!

I'm Norwegian, so my English isn't the best!

Back to the top
found this thread via google
http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=76858&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=
hope link works , if not search cabbys without bumpers on here
j

1991 1.8 clipper :)

Back to the top
There's a few without bumpers and they look good im going to be getting my bumpers off in next few weeks  :D just need to sort out indicators

It dunt fit

Back to the top

cabriojay said

found this thread via google
http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=76858&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=
hope link works , if not search cabbys without bumpers on here
j

I've seen those. And that's about it. But i'm not satisfied :P I'm probably looking at a cabby one of the next couple of days, but there is a lot of rust it looks like. The owner says it's nothing dangerous, but he's the owner :P

Back to the top
No one? :(

Back to the top
got a couple but shes in the middle of restoration so looking a little sorry for itself but to you an idea how it would look,i will be running mine bumperless when its finished too by the way  :D which should be sprayed in the next couple of month

Back to the top

gti_lee said

got a couple but shes in the middle of restoration so looking a little sorry for itself but to you an idea how it would look,i will be running mine bumperless when its finished too by the way  :D which should be sprayed in the next couple of month

That looks AWESOME! You don't happen to have a couple of pics from different directions? I'm worried how it'll look from behind.

Back to the top
Hmmm, what happens if you have a frontal bump?

More damage as the bumper is supposed to spread impact load.

Just a thought.

"Making Cabbies More Beautiful One Roof at a Time" 

Back to the top

chortle said

Hmmm, what happens if you have a frontal bump?

More damage as the bumper is supposed to spread impact load.

Just a thought.

I'm aware. But I'm willing to take the risk!

Back to the top
Think they look a bit pony with no bumpers, theres a tintop in the forsale section with no bumpers (will look the same ish) and it looks wrong.

Each to there own tho.

Ever growing range of new mk1 golf parts www.classic-vw.co.uk

Back to the top

funk-star said

Think they look a bit pony with no bumpers, theres a tintop in the forsale section with no bumpers (will look the same ish) and it looks wrong.

Each to there own tho.

I've seen several tintops, and i think they look great. Seen some cabbys now too, but none from the behind

Back to the top
Looks really wrong I think.

The empty front combined with a splitter dont go.

If you like it then go for it.

Back to the top

BigNormRivage said

Looks really wrong I think.

The empty front combined with a splitter dont go.

If you like it then go for it.

I'm not sure yet, because i haven't seen any from the behind. that's why i'm asking for pics :P

Back to the top

Back to the top
Crash bang wallop.

New core support, radiator, engine and mounts etc = massive repair bill= write off = :cry:

"Making Cabbies More Beautiful One Roof at a Time" 

Back to the top
Only the Insurance wont write it off because you took the bumpers off so they will wash their hands of you!!

Back to the top
I'm aware of all this, and I still think it's worth it

Thanks alot BigNormRivage, that helps alot. But i'm still not satisfied :P that's a pic of an ongoing project, and it's probably not meant to be that way. I really hope there's a car out there with no bumpers, and that it's done on purpose. If i'm doing this when I eventually get a cabby, I'm gonna have wide wheels and as low as possible without having problems driving normally.

Back to the top

Back to the top
looks like they have been in a prang and you cant afford to repair it , might look better if the holes where filled/smoothed in
j

1991 1.8 clipper :)

Back to the top
those pictures dont really do it justice to be fair,some do look like half done and not maybe wanting that look,if done properly i think it does look well and agreed yes the damages would be extreme but i cant see the little chrome strip bumpers been much cop either tbh,each to their own i guess

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.