Skip navigation

3 Countries, 3 Sportlines, Over Land, Air & Sea ! Got 1!

Back to the top

3 Countries, 3 Sportlines, Over Land, Air & Sea ! Got 1!

Top effort, although is the vin plate missing from the engine bay???

Back to the top
hmm good point, must have missed that with being so tired, i checked the one by scuttle tray and it checked out with HPI and DVLA check, so think its all ligit .......

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
Great buy rich,if your ever my way again pop in.

Back to the top
Hi Rich

Great to see another Sportline looking so fresh and well… :wink:

It was great to meet yourself and Scott again (two top blokes) and hear some of the stories of your mammouth journey undertaken in less than 24hrs. A whirlwind adventure for a nice motor, one I'm sure you won't ever forget.

Must say when the lads arrived it was raining - but after a quick look around the bodywork is tidy, the interior in the car is mint and the purr was sweet - a genuinly great purchase and happy to have played a small part.

I'm going to look forward to this build thread over the coming months.  :lol:

As you say a new roof skin on this and she will look the bees knees…

Roll on Uttoxeter and Wolfsburg trips I say… We will have to have a sportline meet now  :dontknow:

Best of luck with it and most of all Enjoy!

Cheers Hugh.

www.vwgolf1.com - vw golf parts and genuine accessories!

Banner

Back to the top
Top man Rich, glad you found your dream car mate, and the journey wow looks like I'm going to have to take notes for our wolfsburg ding dong !!

But the car looks stunning mate and I'm sure you'll have the polish at the ready for the weekend !!

Get Scott to give you a hand just to complete the whole event !!

Well done mate really pleased for you.

D.

Cheers, Dave.

Banner

Back to the top
Good read that Rich, glad you got yourself sorted  :P

Though I was worried when quickly shifting through the photos, for a moment I thought you had bought the car from the guy in the photo below, never before have I ever seen a dodgier looking guy  :wink:

:mrgreen:

Back to the top

Thats not a rod knockin,its a diesel stupid! floppy top and 1 tin top

Back to the top
good work chaps, i know its hard when you get rid of a car that you have loved and worked on but when you get the new one it all seems to sort itself out

mAtt

Back to the top
Looks a good buy Rich !!

Should give you hours of fun :-)

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top
Thanks Guys

and Bert, im looking for one of those, so hopefully i;ll snap that up as well :-)

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top

richyhill said

Thanks Guys

and Bert, im looking for one of those, so hopefully i;ll snap that up as well :-)

Those models are superb - I bought one for Sharon from the original batch - the detail is great, french specific though !!

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top

Ginner said

Get Scott to give you a hand just to complete the whole event !!
D.

I think Rich should be round mine polishing my car lol  :lol:

South West Regional Host

Previous;
1991 Clipper, 1978 S1 GLS, 1983 Type25, 1989 Clipper GTI

Current;
Zero, zilch, nought, zero, nothing….

Banner

Back to the top
Absolutely love this!! Can't wait to see it Rich, bet you are bloody happy the time you have been looking for one!

Back to the top
Cheers Guys, yeah love it, cant believe one came up for sale on my door step now though ha ha typical.

im so busy with work at mo, im just looking forward to some time to put a mohair skin on roof and give car full clean every single nock and cranny :-)

Cheers

Rich

1.8T CABBY

Back to the top
took me a while to come and have a look but amazing!

let me know the next meet mate, i really wanna come see it! :)

booze and boredom, the greatest mix :)

Back to the top
Great story Rich. feel tired just reading it  :lol:  All three Sportlines look good - must have been a difficult choice. Looking forward to seeing your new one in the metal.

Back to the top
Thanks Guys, cant wait to have some time to spend on it, clean it and get roof done !

1.8T CABBY

Back to the top
there is nothing like a bit of adventure in buying a motor! plus a pitstop at hughs!

Back to the top
Top effort, although is the vin plate missing from the engine bay???

sorry was still a bit tired from trip when posting, if you look in photos vin plate is there, the plate that looks like it is missing is just some paint missing from plate that i think may say the build date stuff? …

1.8T CABBY

Back to the top
ha just had a look back through the thread at what a manic day it was. All worth it though, car has been cleaned up a bit as you can see from my build thread (link below) and all being well im gona have a punt at the show and shine at a show on Sunday :-)

1.8T CABBY
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.