Skip navigation

Volkefest Wales 2012

Back to the top

Volkefest Wales 2012

All hope of a dry day has gone now, rain protection is in order and maybe a dingy to get about.

Back to the top

hj

Looked at the weather and it said possibility of an odd shower. I'll take that !!!!!  :D See you on the Sunday, bring a mug we'll provide tea for all  :D

Back to the top
Yeah weather doesnt look to bad from what ive seen.

Last 4 years ive been to Volksfest Wales its rained the friday & saturday but been lovely on the sunday.

I bet you it will be the same this year.

Back to the top

Re: hj

sparkstu said

bring a mug we'll provide tea for all  :D

My owners club flask is ready & waiting ;-)

Back to the top
** Bad News **

Sorry guys but i am not going to be making it Sunday :-(

i have been off work all week and am currently on tramadol, dicolfenac, diazepam , parecetemol etc and they suspect i have slipped a disc, but i have to go through this process of drugs and g.p advice before they will scan me etc

the drugs are makin me pritty drowsy and the pain im my legs comes and goes so much the chances of cleaning car and getting the 2 hours drive each way down to show without doing more damage isnt likely

I am really daffodiled off with my back now as been in pain since AGM, was looking forward to seeing you and having a great weekend with you all, but i think i need to be sensible and rest it especially with the German Road trip not to far away. My apologies once again guys and Hayden thanks for all your efforts and sorry to have to let you down

i know Scott or perhaps someone else would be happy to go in indoor stand , if for some reason my back takes a huge turn for the better than  i wll be there

Thanks

Rich

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
Ah never Rich.

You sounded bad the other day.

Hope it gets better soon mate.

Ceri.

Back to the top
sorry to here that rich, but must take it easy to get ready fro germany, get well soon

scott… can you do the indoor stand, if so we can talk on saturday, also can you fetch south west banner

Haydn

Regional Host South Wales

Back to the top
If it makes you feel any better Rich I can hardly walk as ive done my foot in.

Back to the top
Bugger!! Shame Rich, espesh w/ all the work thats gone into your car so far this year! But its porobably for the best if you got any chance of making it to germany.

Haydn, im more than happy to do the indoor stand if you want me too :) Ill grab the banner off Rich either today or tomorrow, he only lives 2 minutes from my work. Me and Sam are going to drive over with Stu and Nikki on Saturday.

See you in a few days!!

South West Regional Host

Previous;
1991 Clipper, 1978 S1 GLS, 1983 Type25, 1989 Clipper GTI

Current;
Zero, zilch, nought, zero, nothing….

Banner

Back to the top
Thats a shame Richy - I was looking forward to meeting you and having a little chat about those door handle inserts you sold me that don't fit on my door handles!!! :lol:  :lol:

Ceri - I've got a knackered foot too, must be something to do with the heavy pedals!

I'll be down 9am on the Sunday, hopefully wearing a pair of shorts!

Back to the top
I think it is mate lol.

Its my left foot so its a nightmare to press the clutch.

Its going to be nice on sunday :-)

Back to the top
little chat about those door handle inserts you sold me that don't fit on my door handles!!!

what car was yours mate, they were straight off my clipper cabby?

am really sorry guys as was REALLY looking forward to this.

this is my life at the moment just follows me up to bed and down to the front room since Sunday afternooon!

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
Bloody hell, thats a lot of stuff Rich.

At least its keeping the pain down.

Back to the top
take it easy rich

now only two days to go so don't forget to fetch some burgers , sausage  and rolls we have the bbq tea milk coffee and kettle

i will get to the gate say 8.30am sunday to make sure of a good pitch so meet us there at the gate or when you come in ask for the mk1 club stand outdoors

scott yes ok for indoors , i have some mk1 banners and some union jack banners

Haydn

Back to the top
You may end up with frost bite if you're not carefull!
Is anyone coming past Chepstow Sunday morning?

Not sure the car is really in the best condition for a stand but unless someone has a time machine handy it will have to do now.

I could do with a pair of door handle inserts so if they fit I may take them.

Back to the top
any condition mk1 will do

Haydn

Back to the top

Taffygoat said

any condition mk1 will do
thats handy as mine has had a hard winter..!!!
defo not how i want it to look.
adrian

Back to the top
Daily driver and mint condition are not an easy combination, it seems for every job I do I find another 2 that I didn't see before. That said I am happy with the thing as an example of a 26 year old golf still going strong.

If everyone brings sausages and burgers I may need to change the suspension height for the trip home!!

Back to the top
i will be going sunday instead, any convoys sunday from cardiff ways?

Back to the top
I'm coming past Cardiff early on Sunday

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.