Skip navigation

Volkefest Wales 2012

Back to the top

Volkefest Wales 2012

ill try an be there too :) i was there in 2010 i think???

i came up with richyhill :) was a good day out!

booze and boredom, the greatest mix :)

Back to the top

hi

i will try and be there in the caddy and not the scooby this year.

Back to the top

hi

i will try and be there in the caddy and not the scooby this year.

Back to the top
im going aswell

2.0 8v Ported and Polished

Back to the top
Quite a few of us going by the looks of it :D

How did you win the best club stand last year, was it by having the most cars on display? :lol:

iirc the show itself was fairly small in 2010, was it any bigger last year?

and yes it was quite wet on that saturday!

Back to the top
i have now booked a max of 15 cars for this event , however here is copy of email from vicki

Hi Haydn

I can offer you a space for 15 cars max.  Because it's the first year in Carmarthen we are trying to limit the space so it doesn't end up looking like a carpark (no names being mentioned here lol).
However I have a huge exhibition hall I have to fill up with special displays.  Do you have one or two cars you can put in there?  Any mag featured cars?

Chat soon.

Vicki

To: info Volksfestwales .org.uk
Subject: CLUB STAND FOR MK1 GOLF
Date: Fri, 18 May 2012 16:39:00 +0100

hi vicki

mk1 golf owners club will be there this year at carmarthen, can you keep space for say 15-20 cars,
thanks
haydn
regional host mk1 club

Haydn

Regional Host South Wales

Back to the top
:D
Would love to be inside but my car is no where near up to standard haha!

Back to the top
update list

1 taffygoat
2 bignormrivage
3 ginner
4 sparkstu
5 ashlol
6 fthaimike
7 arf333
8 richyhill
9 lez1981
10 mixerman
11 blackcherry
12 dubfender
from previous item this is the list so far therefore only 3 more cars for club stand, this does not stop you coming along, you can always join us on the stand without your car.

names above keep me informed if you will not be coming
this is now something like the numbers we should have for any show in south wales

thanks
haydn

Haydn

Back to the top
I cant wait for Volksfest Wales, absolutly love this show.

I would be interested in having my Rivage inside if possible (depends if they want to go for original or modified tho)

I can send you some pics to email them if you want to hayden.

Back to the top
i have sent pm to cabrioanna to check out with committee, however if ok then as you polish it so much put you down first. don't forget scolton manor, haverford west i have the tickets

Haydn

Back to the top
are we having a convoy? i will bring a spare battery and a tow rope lol
whats the score on selling parts as i got a whole garage full but would many people want mk 1 parts as most were campers and other cars.
whats the score on camping as i am thinking of staying the night.

Back to the top

i went

Ashlol said

How many cars did you have last year?
When I went in 2010 there were a couple of mk1s camped next to us, with the OC flag flying aswell I think. Anyone?

Looking forward! :D

i went but in the scooby i parked it away from the mk 1s

Back to the top
No problem Haydn.

If they want a restored standard car im your man ;-)

Back to the top
http://www.volksfestwales.org.uk/index.html

hi blackcherry
go to this web site and you can check out details for tickets and camping, not sure about parts to sell but from the stand it more than likely would not as its displays of cars.

i will be down that way already for the sunday therefore you may want to call a convoy say from cardiff west services

Haydn

Back to the top

Taffygoat said

i have sent pm to cabrioanna to check out with committee, however if ok then as you polish it so much put you down first. don't forget scolton manor, haverford west i have the tickets
Hi Haydn,

Thanks for the pm, all looks good to me and good number of cars going. Do you need any help with anything?
I will be doing Tatton Park same weekend so was hoping to use the big flags there as we have a special display of 20 cars for winning best club in Golf+. :D Have you go club banner etc? Cheers, Anna

Staffordshire Regional Host support

Banner

Back to the top
thanks for reply
have a south wales club banner but need some items for indoor display of two cars, would like to have one big flag for indoors and any frame work with the club info on.
could collect at agm.
last year we won the club stand and this year we want it again as volkfest wales have moved to a new location in carmarthen from margam park.
also do you know of any car suitable for indoor stand, i have one from ceri (bignormrivage), if so let me know who it is and i will contact them

haydn

Haydn

Back to the top
My Sportline unfortunately isnt quite up to the standard of Ceri's gorgeous restored car (top work ceri)

But i am more than happy and would have it in the indoor stand if you like Haydn, spose two of the special edition cabbies would look good together ?

by then it would have had some bits and bobs done and new mohair roof fitted so is very presentable but not mint if that makes sense

Let me know, looking forward to this one, cheers Rich

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
Haydn. I have a club banner in the garage could use that and could create an a3 display like what rich done.

I'd also be interested in going inside…maybe….

Cars just had respray, refurbed wheels going on soon and interior should be nice and fresh by this show. Only a clipper though and I aggree with rich sportline and rivage together would be cool

Scott

South West Regional Host

Previous;
1991 Clipper, 1978 S1 GLS, 1983 Type25, 1989 Clipper GTI

Current;
Zero, zilch, nought, zero, nothing….

Banner

Back to the top
ok lets go with richy and ceri indoors

scott  yes to the bammer, i have a south wales one and trying to get a big flag from anna. can rich and you do a3 display, i will get ceri to email some pics of his rivage
i will also be bringing the gazebo and bbq, kettle and stove.

Haydn

Back to the top
information re indoor stand
sunday only, be in and set up by 10.30am, richy and ceri, when you arrive at gate tell them you are mk1 club indoor cars and you will be directed, others coming state that you are mk1 club outdoor, i will be there when gates open which i think is 9am on the sunday

Haydn

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.