Skip navigation

CamperKev - Swopping a 1.6 Diesel to a 1.9 Turbo Diesel

Back to the top

CamperKev - Swopping a 1.6 Diesel to a 1.9 Turbo Diesel

The work started today on CamperKev having his new engine fitted…. all i know it is a 1.6 Diesel at the moment, and a 1.9 TD being fitted (ready for the German Road Trip)
 :dontknow:   :wink:
Pics i took today…

:D

Banner

Back to the top
At last, Kev will be chuffed with the difference in power  :P

Good photos Dazzle  8)

I just got back from a mini trip out to Torquay, with stop over at hotel last night, picked up some half leather seats for the cabby, was saying to the guy down there about he should try a AAZ engine in one of his cabby's, he's very tempted, but before he can do that he showed me a 3 door left hand drive Mk1 Golf GTi he bought from Monaco a few years ago………it only has 4,500 Kilometers on the clock  8)  8)

Back to the top

GAMMYGOLFGTI said

At last, Kev will be chuffed with the difference in power  :P

Good photos Dazzle  8)

I just got back from a mini trip out to Torquay, with stop over at hotel last night, picked up some half leather seats for the cabby, was saying to the guy down there about he should try a AAZ engine in one of his cabby's, he's very tempted, but before he can do that he showed me a 3 door left hand drive Mk1 Golf GTi he bought from Monaco a few years ago………it only has 4,500 Kilometers on the clock  8)  8)

Pics……..please

Banner

Back to the top
All done and hes happy with the extra horses  :wink:
Bert

Thats not a rod knockin,its a diesel stupid! floppy top and 1 tin top

Back to the top
cheers for the advise yesterday bert

running sweet as a nut :)

Banner

Back to the top

aaz conversion

i,m absolutley chuffed to bits with what bert has done for me this weekend……the longly awaited conversion from a 1.6d to a 1.9td aaz engine  wow well quick time to have some fun at last!!!!! so i would like to say a big thankyou to bert great lad great mate and a great mechanic !!! raise your can of beer your glass of wine or ya cuppa to …………………….BERT!!!!!!!!!!!……………………………………. now then i will try and add some pics and videos been a while so will have to bear with me!!!!

Back to the top
[marq=left]:wheelchair: [/marq]

Banner

Back to the top

finally!!cheers dazzle!!

1.6D last run

bert removing the immobiliser  :D

engine out

ready to remove the gearbox for the 1.9D

just hanging there ready for someone to do something  :roll:

Bert made a new downpipe to fit the turbo to standard exhaust

engine in fuel connected

was going to rob a shop but made a temp air filter instead  :lol:

Back to the top

my pics

sorry guys not having fun on trying to load pics and videos to many peeps on the net in our house so dead slow  :redfaced:  :roll:

Back to the top
dam i thought this was today :( can't believe i missed all the action, anyway onto mine now bert :p apart from the slight delay that the insurance company want my doner grrrrrrr

Back to the top
wheres pics kev ?

Back to the top
Nice one mate

More pics plz

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top
Great stuff, given me motivation to start mine .   Bert i'm using a mk2 cltd do I keep the original mk1 fuel filter set up , or use the mk2 filter set up? Cheers jim

Mk1 2l TSR G60.  .getting. There twice as fast

Mk1 lhd diesel…….getting. There for half the cost

Back to the top

mk1jim said

Great stuff, given me motivation to start mine .   Bert i'm using a mk2 cltd do I keep the original mk1 fuel filter set up , or use the mk2 filter set up? Cheers jim

i prefer the mk1 screw on can,cheap and reliable,the mk2 has the plastic return valve on the filter that plays up,i used the mk1 filter and im going to use a mk1 filter on the PD
Bert

Back to the top
What kind of power will the 1.9TD provide once in and working? Can you upgrade the engine much for extra power gain?

Madone with the two Cabs 82 (UK RHD) and 85 (US LHD) (92 sold)

Back to the top

madone_si said

What kind of power will the 1.9TD provide once in and working? Can you upgrade the engine much for extra power gain?

The AAZ is 75 hp standard,today with a new boost pin,egr blank plate and the boost turned up to 11psi i would say hes at around 100 hp now,im running 115 hp with a better exhaust and a T3 turbo  :wink:
Kevs well pleased after todays modding  8)
Bert

Back to the top
I saw his smile when he drove (spun)off... reminded me when i knew him at 18 !!

Banner

Back to the top
Nice work guys,don't you just love these oil burners  :D

Back to the top
What did you do about connecting the wires to the water and oil senders ?

Mk1 2l TSR G60.  .getting. There twice as fast

Mk1 lhd diesel…….getting. There for half the cost

Back to the top
Can any 1 direct me to a  mk4 tdi into a mk1 conversion or give me a clue as to where to start ?
Cheers

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.