Skip navigation

Grrrr. Got a parking Ticket.. can you see why?

Back to the top

Grrrr. Got a parking Ticket.. can you see why?

:banghead: To my astonishment I got a ticket the other day, I know why (cause its written on the ticket) , but can you tell?

Cheers
Tony

Back to the top
Nope!! :) i guess your a little close to the corner, but if that was an issue doubles should be further back.

Regards Volkswarren

X2 1983 A REG EW CAMPAIGN In WHITE(Awaiting full rebuild solid body) :thumbs: & T Reg S1 GTi Project, Still Looking for Series 1 GTi's or a 16S Oettinger to restore (Complete Cars only)  or an A reg Lhasa Green or White Gti to restore, also consider  Black, Red or Blue, Also Golf Driver Project Wanted anything considered WHY

Back to the top
defo contest that!! photo evidence and do not pay it!!

Weber,ATS,Apex,Ripspeed,Supersprint,K&N MOMO..tbc

Back to the top
are you blocking the drop curb for people crossing the road?

Banner

Back to the top

jellybelly said

are you blocking the drop curb for people crossing the road?

Top marks jelly!

You've got it. furthermore I now discover someones get a ticket every day  :x  .. a money making scheme rather than making sure the drop kerb is available for wheel chairs etc..  ..  the kerb next to the drop kerb is so low i dont think anyone would try and use it

Back to the top

Back to the top
what do i win?? :)

Banner

Back to the top

jellybelly said

what do i win?? :)
You can write my appeal letter  :wink:

Back to the top
PNE tut tut tut :-)

you can clearly see in your second pic some person has had to abandon there lovely light blue electric simmer frame thingy and continue thier journey another way as they could not get down the dropped kerb as someone was parked in thier way lol

thats really is a joke though, you can see where double yellow lines should be running to , and they are as you said obviously using it to make money

what does highway code say, should you have realised you shouldnt have been parked in front of the tiny bit of dropped kerb you are parked over, or do council or highways people have the liability for not marking road correctly?

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
Are you sure that's a drop kerb looks like it runs the full length of the road. Take more pictures of the kerb and appeal.

GTI Campaign Helios Blue, Going back Standard
GTI Campaign Schwartz Black shouldn't have sold
GTI Mk7 Performance pack Daily drive
Polo 1.4sel Sunset Orange The Wife's
Triumph Tiger

Back to the top

richyhill said

PNE tut tut tut :-)

you can clearly see in your second pic some person has had to abandon there lovely light blue electric simmer frame thingy and continue thier journey another way as they could not get down the dropped kerb as someone was parked in thier way lol

thats really is a joke though, you can see where double yellow lines should be running to , and they are as you said obviously using it to make money

what does highway code say, should you have realised you shouldnt have been parked in front of the tiny bit of dropped kerb you are parked over, or do council or highways people have the liability for not marking road correctly?
lol

been doing some research  (its parking contravention 27)

from a helpful website
Parking across certain dropped kerbs is also contrary to Highway Code rule 243 which states:

DO NOT stop or park:
-    where the kerb has been lowered to help wheelchair users and powered mobility vehicles;
-    in front of an entrance to a property.

However, whilst we agree that it is wrong to block dropped kerbs, we also think that it is very wrong for local authorities to enforce dropped kerbs where road markings and signs indicate that you may in fact park across it.

… it is tantamount to entrapment and that they should install double yellow lines across the dropped kerbs which they wish to enforce.  We have pointed out that it will not help the disabled, the elderly and mothers with prams to enforce dropped kerbs with single yellow lines because in busy areas they will always be blocked.  If they really wanted to help these types of people cross the road safety then they would install double yellow lines.

I am trying to find out if there is a required spec of a droppedkerb..  i.e does it have to be (50)mm less than the non-dropped Kerb next to it

I got my ticket on Tuesday (it was too frosty to risk my scooter at 7am).  and for the last 3 days someone else has got tickets including today!!!

Back to the top
if it was me mate i would write a big sign, laminate it or seal it in plastic and stick it to that wall by your car in pic, saying DO NOT part here or council will give you ticket.

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
LEP seems the most appropriate way of tackling that issue!

You could have a picture with the car and a suitably glum face pointing to the kerb!

Had you got it for parking at the junction then ok, but that kerb is rubbish!!

Back to the top

richyhill said

if it was me mate i would write a big sign, laminate it or seal it in plastic and stick it to that wall by your car in pic, saying DO NOT part here or council will give you ticket.

Yep, thats on my to do list!

Back to the top

Dano said

LEP seems the most appropriate way of tackling that issue!

You could have a picture with the car and a suitably glum face pointing to the kerb!

Had you got it for parking at the junction then ok, but that kerb is rubbish!!

lol, yeah I wrote to the LEP newsdesk this morning!

Back to the top
Couple of points here.

1) the useable area dropped to allow suitable wheeled invalidty aparatus is positioned over the road drainage grating, so there fore constitutes a trip/fall hazard and is contrary to health and safety.

2) The area prescribed as dropped kerb is merely due to the result of build up of road material during reinstatement works and not properly constructed to constitue a dropped kerb.

No appropriate highway or pavement works have been undertaken to comply with the construction of said dropped kerb or appropriate road markings indicate a dropped kerb.

The double yellow lines infer parking in that area, so the dropped kerb is not a dropped kerb.

have a look at the link below…might give you a couple of ideas mate.

http://www.accesscode.info/external/5_4.htm

"Making Cabbies More Beautiful One Roof at a Time" 

Back to the top
superb mate, many thanks for that, its what I have been looking for :-)

Back to the top
No probs,

it don't even look like a dropped kerb.

The kerbstone on one side has dropped due to the reinstatement works, they are not the gardient shaped stones usually put in.

Can you imagine the lowest point of pavement being over the drain grate? wheels getting stuck etc.

Personally I would appeal and say that you want your costs of time, stamps and stationary and phone calls reimbursing.

Worth a try any way.

"Making Cabbies More Beautiful One Roof at a Time" 

Back to the top
"The H marking should be applied to all dropped crossings to indicate to motorists that there is a crossing present and not to park there.

If a dropped kerb is provided on one side of the road, a dropped kerb must be provided and aligned on the other side and on any intervening central refuges."
very interesting website that is :) lol

Regards Volkswarren

X2 1983 A REG EW CAMPAIGN In WHITE(Awaiting full rebuild solid body) :thumbs: & T Reg S1 GTi Project, Still Looking for Series 1 GTi's or a 16S Oettinger to restore (Complete Cars only)  or an A reg Lhasa Green or White Gti to restore, also consider  Black, Red or Blue, Also Golf Driver Project Wanted anything considered WHY

Back to the top
found this on a website where someone was appealing the same thing this is the replay he got

To clearly outline the definition of dropped kerbs and crossovers; Dropped kerbs are where the footpath has been lowered, often at corners, to allow wheelchair access to cross the road and to make it easier for pedestrians to push trolleys and prams across from the pavement on one side of the road to the pavement on the other. They do not provide access to property whereas Crossovers are authorized paths for vehicles to cross the footpath into private property.

The Traffic Management Act (2004) states for dropped footways:

Prohibition of parking at dropped footways etc.
(1) In a special enforcement area a vehicle must not be parked on the carriageway adjacent to a footway, cycle track or verge where–
(a) the footway, cycle track or verge has been lowered to meet the level of the carriageway for the purpose of– (i) assisting pedestrians crossing the carriageway,

(ii) assisting cyclists entering or leaving the carriageway, or

(iii) assisting vehicles entering or leaving the carriageway across the footway, cycle track or verge; or

(b) the carriageway has, for a purpose within paragraph (a)(i) to (iii), been raised to meet the level of the footway, cycle track or verge.

Please note within this contravertion the carriageway can be raised to meet the kerb as noted above, therefore the Penalty Charge Notice was issued correctly. Also there is no requirement for any signs indicating this restriction. ….
….."

its the last paragraph thats a killer it means they dont have to actually drop the kerb down just raise the road. :banghead:
 :banghead:
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.