Skip navigation

91 Clipper Cab ABF 16v-twin 45s

Back to the top

91 Clipper Cab ABF 16v-twin 45s

looking good mate !

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
Ta mate.  Red and black is is great colour combo as im sure you're aware 8) .

As the rear seats were out for hood install, i thought it would have been rude not to have wet vac'd all the interior.  So all came out and the shampooing began…

Well pleased with the result.

Back to the top
A couple more changes to the cockpit. Fitted a leather mountey wheel, which i bought for my old mk1 but never used. As small spline hub i pulled off sleeve, using a small two legged puller and a 27mm spanner behind lip,and fitted spacer from VW. Huge cost of….£2.40! Pleased rid of mk2 wheel. Also fitted new gearknob.

Still awaiting new apex rdx coilovers to arrive so that i can fit them before agm

Back to the top
Well, coilovers arrived yesterday so to be fitted soon.  Look a nice quality bit of kit and great that the height adjustment doesnt effect the springs.

Ive also finished replacing black plastic with chrome and put some tunes in (although not really listened to with twin carb soundtrack).

Back to the top
Apex coilovers fitted and the ride quality is bliss.  Totaly changed the car.

Missed agm though due to last minute work commitments so hopefully see everyone at a regional meet soon.

Back to the top
Yeah, finally some decent weather :D .  So ive started banging the miles on the rag top and she runs amazingly.  Ive been using her for work and also got across to local Mk1 owners meet. Great to meet everyone, just sorry had to shoot off to work and missed out on 32oz steaks!!!

Car goes like a missle yet is driveable in traffic.  Only issue is starting. So whilst at work one morning I got one of the lads to crank over and i held choke over by hand and started first turn of the key.

So straight home and onto Dellorto.co.uk for some parts.  Two new cable clamps and a bracket - £28, new choke cable - £5.

Fuel pump switch relocated awaiting arrival of cable, hopefully today.

Ive also swapped to chrome inserts in the door handles and will soon have an early chrome grille.  Then its the side trims that will be swapped for tip top chrome items.

Whilst at work, look like is was at a hot hatch meet :D , someone smell onions?

Back to the top
New filters arrived yesterday. Love k&ns :D

Grille also turned up so on it went. Thanks to clarksmk1 for that.

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.