Skip navigation

1Z Cabby TDi, on the road

Back to the top

1Z Cabby TDi, on the road

Thought it was good to see the old girl will be on the road again  :D  your doin a cracking job pal. I had another car a white 1 and was in 2 minds what to do with it plus i was new to golfs when i got it. You got a really good buy its a very solid car to be fair and with the new roof and engine your onto a winner.

It did drive and yes i took it out but no thats not my perfume lol it had a injection problem i think

It dunt fit

Back to the top

BigandDaft said

It did drive and yes i took it out but no thats not my perfume lol it had a injection problem i think

It still had the injection problem, bought it as a non runner.
Spent a bit of time just playing with the mixture and got it to run, saved me having to push it in and out the garage, but it also had a serious bottom end rattle when it did fire up, so the old GTi engine is good for nothing but parts.
The guy I bought it from had bought it 5/6 months ago from a guy who also left it standing, I assume that person bought it from you, the tax disc says 2007.

Back to the top
Yeah i bought it like that and just took it for a little spin to just see how bad things were cant remember the rattle tho. The kid i sold it to was goint to turbo it and this that and other saying things like it will be on the front of mags and stuff but it just sat in the same place all the time as my dad used to drive past it a few times and said it never moved. The guy i got it off looked after it and spent a bit of time on it he had a camper that had just gone wrong and needed funds asap to get that on the road so he never got round to sorting cabby out. Was a very good base for a project not too much wrong really ok engines a no go now but dieslel powers sorted that  :lol: and new roof now again sorted  :lol:  just interior really and thats it the paint was really good from what i can remember

It dunt fit

Back to the top
Wow….i missed this,iknow you said you were after a cabby for the wife,but……blimey 8O
Its a form of Bertus Blue too !! like it  :wink:

Banner

Back to the top
Nice one sir gammy

Sad that the blue one will not be be a diesel any more.

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top
will be watching how this progresses. Keep up the great work and love the colour

Madone with the two Cabs 82 (UK RHD) and 85 (US LHD) (92 sold)

Back to the top
Well its been a while since the last update, it even took me umpteen pages to find this thread  :mrgreen:

Had time this afternoon to take some photos of the cabby,even booked it into Bert's next Saturday for its Mot, still got a few things to finish but basucally it is ready to go for the MOT.

Over the last month or two I've spent the spare time bringing the cabby up to speed (its been standing since 2007 and needed some work on the suspension, brakes, electrics etc.  
I've made new brake pipes all round and fitted new brake hoses with them, new coilover suspension, new front wishbones, replaced the fuel lines of the GTi and removed the electric pumps and put 8mm microbore pipes in their place.  The electrics were useless, so changed the loom and various switches as well as new headlights.  Bought a good second hand mohair roof from Hibbs and a tidy interior from a chap in Torquay (had a nice weekend away collecting it  :wink: )

Any how here is how she looks today, still got to put the seals on the roof and the a bit of trim , but its getting there  8)  8)

Back to the top
Busy day yesterday, before taking the cabby for its Mot, I needed a couple of alterations to the rear silencer, mainly making the mountings fit a cabriolet as the system was made for the tin top 5 door originally, while the silencer was off,I got them to change the pipe to twin  8)  8)

Then it was an afternoon trip down to Oldbury at Bert's for MOT, pleased to say she passed  :P

So here's a couple of photos at Bert's

Back to the top
Did Bert not spot your homemade number plate!!  :lol:

Never knew you had bought this warren.. cool little conversion. the tintop looks sad in the back of your last post  :(

Back to the top

blans said

Did Bert not spot your homemade number plate!!  :lol:

Never knew you had bought this warren.. cool little conversion. the tintop looks sad in the back of your last post  :(

Sadly the Bertus Blue tin top has now been sold, just waiting the guy to collect it  :wink:

Taxing it tomorrow, so will be giving it a run about over the long weekend and ironing out any issues that pop up.

Here's some photos with the hood down……

Back to the top
They are great,maybe park up next to mine at the AGM :D

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.