Skip navigation

Getting my MK1 on Saturday :)

Back to the top

Getting my MK1 on Saturday :)

Hi everybody. As you can tell I am new here and new to Volkswagens all together. What got me into them is seeing a MK1 golf advertised within budget for my new project car. He is asking $850 AUD (£575 GBP) I am yet to go have a look at it in person but from what I have read/seen I think its really worth the money. He's got new gaskets, new battery and new tyres. It only has 120000Kms (74,500 Miles[Which compared to most cars here is pretty much nothing]). Only problems are a dent in front right panel and the brakes rub on the new wheel's he has put on but he is getting wheel spacers before I go and look at it. :). Please let me know what you think.

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Back to the top
:) welcome to the club , looks like a bargain , love the colour .......the bumpers and grill trim would sell for most of what you paid for the car

Mk1 2l TSR G60.  .getting. There twice as fast

Mk1 lhd diesel…….getting. There for half the cost

Back to the top
Thanks. I hope so. Will post results after I purchase it :).
Eventually plan on doing engine conversion (I have no idea what engine it has at the moment.) to something like 20vT. Only problem is they are not a hugely popular car here in Australia and finding everything I need will be 1 expensive pain in the rear end.

Back to the top
looks like a 1600 carb..

nice motor, would like to see a picof the rear and interior..

Back to the top
Yeah, I would too. I will post up some more pictures when I get them. I dunno if its 3 or 5 door. All I know is its swallowtail.

Back to the top
That looks awesome :D

Welcome to the club!
Steff

I saw a crinkly peanut tomorrow

Back to the top
I'm stoked. I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight and I have to work all day tomorrow! Ahh. Oh well, I can't wait to be driving my beast home. And Just for the record, I will be naming her but not sure what yet. :D
And also big thanks for all being so welcoming.

Back to the top
Haha you're really excited then! i was the same when i first got my Mk1 :)

Let us know what you name her (I see you've already decided on the sex lol)

Steff x

Back to the top
The worst part is I won't even be able to take her for a cruise until Monday when the Motor Registration Office opens. (I think it might be what you call MOT but don't quote me on that…)

I've never seen a guy look so fine, so defiantly a girl.

Back to the top
Welcome and good luck in picking her up!

I saw a few MK1's while I was travelling OZ for 2yrs :-) mainly up north in Darwin area and in totally the opposite direction in Tazzy!!! Did see one in the sticks around Shepparton/Cobram VIC but none in SA so good to see a nice sprinkling of them out there…

Back to the top
We'll be expecting pics on monday then :) lol

Back to the top
Hi and welcome, nice looking car and you will love her when you have your first drive! If you have trouble getting parts just let me know and I will be more than happy to pop some in a suitcase and bring them to you, all I ask in return is the air fare!!  :lol:  :lol:

Goly The Golf, a 1983 5dr 1.3cl having a full resto.
Cherub, a 1985 Mk2 Polo Breadvan.
1995 Rover Mini Sprite (wife's daily)

Back to the top
MK1G60R1: I have seen very minimal around the place. Always makes me turn my head and think what I nice car that is.

Steff: Pics will be up as soon as I have her in my car port. Hopefully this evening. :D

GolyTheGolf: Thanks for the offer but I actually know somebody who is in England and coming down here in the following months so she will be first. If she doesn't want to bring any I'll defiantly send you some money for a plane ticket.

Alek.

Back to the top
Just got back then from the dudes house then. With my wallet $100 lighter (Put deposit on the car) and a piece of paper saying I officially own a MK1 GOLF :D

I still have to wait until monday to go get it though so pictures will be up then. It has been sitting in his shed for 6 months so when he started her, she ran a little rough but eventually ran like new. Rocker cover was leaking a small bit of oil but nothing too worrying.

The interior is really not the greatest ,Dash looks a bit like the grand canyon, but over all she's straight and basically rust free (small bits of surface rust, but really nothing).

Really have to get used to the weird indicators and funny gear layout. He's fixed up the dent in the front panel so it is just bogged now.

Overall very happy for such a low amount. Looks to have new carburettor (The problem with my last car). He's taken off the trim and badges etc but it is all included with the car.

Pictures will be up when I have her home. I felt a bit weird asking to take pictures of it there.

Alek

Back to the top
congrats mate :D

Back to the top
looks a bargain mate  8)

Back to the top
Pick her up tomorrow. So excited. :)

Back to the top
Great :) Cant wait to see it!

Steff

Back to the top
You'll be seeing lots of her soon.

Defiantly 1 mr excited pants here…

Still stumped for names though…

Any idea welcome.

Alek.

Back to the top
Nice mate look forward to more pics

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.