Skip navigation

Who Needs Outer Scraper Seals For Their Cabby?? UPDATE!

Back to the top

Who Needs Outer Scraper Seals For Their Cabby?? UPDATE!

yeah mine could do with replacing on my 92 cab but well down on my list of things to replace bit too expensive for me at the mo ! especially as ive just spent a fortune on a new inteliner and pad kit !!!  :wink:  hahahahahaa !!!

Back to the top
definately need a set for my 85 cabby to take the chrome trim also  :D not really wanting to pay 124 though  :|

Back to the top
Hi Guy's,

Heres an update on this.

I was slow doing this because I was waiting for a sample set to try out first and been in negotiations with the supplier and trying to gauge what interest there is.

So thanks to those who responded.

I have now recieved my sample set today and can say I am impressed with them.

They are the correct profile, but are not metal backed like the origionals, so subsequently they are very floppy.

These come with a roll of adhesive tape to assist with installation and on installing you will need to have the windows down.

Also it states that these had an adhesive applied on the Origionals, but I did not find that to be the case with mine.

Not sure why, in any event I doubt it makes any diffrerence so just use the tape provided.

It is suggested also that you loosen the rear windows to allow for more movement area so you can manipulate the seal into place.

I would also add that because they are soft you will need to manipulate the seal clips inside the door with a flat tool to open them up without spraining them, to allow the seal to drop into place more easily.

I only test fitted the drivers door on mine, to see how easy it was.

It would need a little fettle at the ends to get them spot on but cannot see there would be any difficulty with these.

As a final note I didn't use the tape to hold the edges down and they were a fantastic fit.

I am doing work on the Rivage, so these will be properly affixed with the tape when I am nearing the end of the work.

I have been in discussion with the seller and have negotiated a 20% discount on orders over 20 units. or 10% on 10 units

I have also seen Satans Creation has got a thread running and the costs he is quoting is £100.00 a set.

However be aware there is duty and VAT on these of a further 20% and import duty of a further 2.5% and I am not sure if he is including that?

The costs breakdown is below…

Usual Price $124 = £78.00 (subject to currency fluctuation £ V $)

P&P Further £22.00.

=£100.00 per set.

+ Vat and Duty £22.50

= £122.50. Per set of 4

So with the 20% discount applied

£78.00-20%= £63.00 per set.

Because we are bulk ordering the shipping is drastically reduced too.

Shipping is £75.00 on 20 sets =£75.00 divided 20= £3.75 per set (subject to currency fluctuation £ V $)

= £66.75.

+ Vat and duty @ 22.5%

= £82.00 approx

Considering VW Heritage appear to be selling inner scrapers as Outers they equate to £123.80.

So that is a big saving on a correct fitting outer.

There is apparently a difference in the seals depending on year so they supply both 79-89 & 1990-1993.

The discount applies to both years and I can order in quantity either year.

CONDITIONS

I am happy to put in a bulk order for you once we recieve 20 plus orders, but I would require full payment from you at the time.

It would be unreasonable for me to pay for these and you then not decide to continue with a purchase.

As these are imported there may be a fluctuation in the final price due to currency conditions of the Pound Versus the Dollar or change in VAT or current import duty tarrif and you would be expected to cover these in any eventuality.
Whilst I have tried to cover all bases any extraneous costs would need to be covered by your selves.

The shipping would be to my address only so there would be a further postal cost out to you or they could be collected at the AGM, if your going.

"Making Cabbies More Beautiful One Roof at a Time" 

Back to the top
Do these need any clips to be held in place Carl?

Im sure there were some on my old ones.

Back to the top
Good price!  I'm in for a '93 set.

Banner

Back to the top
Hi,

The clips locate in the door its self and the seals slide into them exactly the same as the old ones did.

If yours came out of the door then you will need to pop em back in.

Should't be too much trouble.

It took me about 3 mins to change mine on the front door.

Like I have put I didn't put the tape on, just trialled fitted them.

They went in really easy and stayed firm when I used the leccy windows they didn't move.

The tape will just add the extra security to keep the outer edges down.

cheers

Chortle

Back to the top
Quick bump.

Back to the top
these look really smart mate

Banner

Back to the top
nice one carl however, the USA ones in satans link equates to £104 to your door. yours are still cheaper however you can avoid paying the import duty by buying 2 seals individually. or asking them to gift the items.

Also have you taken in to account the fee that the uk courier will add on for the duty? can work out expensive.

I did this excercise before if you recall, imported a load of sets and buy the time i had been mugged on fees i made £2 per seal.

Ever growing range of new mk1 golf parts www.classic-vw.co.uk

Back to the top
Put me down for a full set for my 93 rivage please. Pm me for payment when you have enough orders. Thanks

Mk1 Rivage Cabby on coilovers + VR6 Brakes

Back to the top
Im still in for a set for a 90 cabby.

Back to the top
I would definately be interested if this will be happening soonish.....93 Sportline :-)

Back to the top
I'm still interested in these too - would collect from you at agm (as I booked the ferry today :wink:)

1993 Sportline - made in 1992 though…

Cheers Hugh.

www.vwgolf1.com - vw golf parts and genuine accessories!

Banner

Back to the top
I need to be taken off this list, was chatting to the guy and he has just gone out of stock again......but had a couple of sets still available so ordered a set and asked him to gift them to save import tax etc. Wanted something to cheer me up after all my recent woes :-(...Car STILL at the garage...its goes on and on and on......

Back to the top
I still need the mouldings, pls PM when you have the right number of people together.  Will PayPal money over etc

The fleet stands at:

'90 Clipper

'95 T4 lwb

'94 T4 lwb

Back to the top
Oh well so much for cheering myself up.....went to order them, confirmed they were in stock, bought them, and then apparently in the time it took for me to pay, some other uk buyer swooped in and bought the last two sets...so have now been refunded and they dont know when they will be getting them back in stock...waste of bloody time that was!

Back to the top
I'll go for a set of these please. Happy to pay up front, let me know when you get enough orders
Andy

Back to the top
Hi Chortle, please add me down for a 1990 set! Please PM me when you have enough orders.

Nice work fella!

Back to the top
Forgot to say 1991 clipper! :-)

Back to the top

Scrapers.

I am in for 2 sets please Carl. One set for a 1982 and the other for 1986, both are GTi cabrios.

Happy to pay when you want, don't think getting 20 takers is going to be a problem somehow!

2 tintops.
3 cabbies, 1 with G60 power, just for fun.
Volvo T5, just for fun.
3.1Ltr V6 Dutton Leggera, just for fun.
Renault 5 GT Turbo, just a money pit!
Several boring cars, just no fun!
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.