Skip navigation

Why can't I find a car?

Back to the top

Why can't I find a car?

Can't find anything that takes my fancy :-(

Criteria is Sportline, Rivage or tintop, I'm not even fussed if it's a gti.

I have a decent budget but there is nothing around, anyone know of anything coming up for sale

Ever growing range of new mk1 golf parts www.classic-vw.co.uk

Back to the top

Back to the top
Lol, yea if it's was painted I'd consider it.

Back to the top
There are two rivages on www.carandclassic.co.uk

One is for auction from an auction house and other is in Ireland. Both look good… Reasonable milage and new hoods…

Cheers Hugh.

www.vwgolf1.com - vw golf parts and genuine accessories!

Banner

Back to the top
The one for auction has a 5-5.5k guide price! And the interiors gash! Was looking at it earlier.

I don't fancy going to Ireland to look at a car, bit too far lol.

Back to the top
Didn't think u would like that interior… Ill keep my eyes open…

Cheers Hugh.

Banner

Back to the top
I'd still be interested in that sportline but not at that price. By the time I got it home it would owe me close to 3k

Back to the top
Its sods law mate, they are always gona come up when your not looking or have the cash for one, and not be there when you need one lol.

I think a few more sportlines and rivages will come out of woodwork and for sale as sun comes out but with premium price tags, but having the knowledge you do, you should be able to bag a bargain.

Think its just gona be patience on this one …..

i'll keep me eye out for ya.

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
My missus would sell you mine just to stop me spending too many pennies on it, spending hours on the forum, German ebay, ebay and talking constantly about what I want to do to it next  :(

Back to the top
nobody will sell to you Funk as you will only get bored and break it :lmao:

you can have my tintop if you want it

Banner

Back to the top
you looking for something modded or original if you go for a tin top.

im guessing it might not be your thing but i spotted this yesterday , just watchin it as wondering what it will go for:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150744231058?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top

funk-star said

you are going to be looking for a very long time if your not prepared to travel! if im looking for a car i would think nothing of driving 200 miles straight after work to look at one as soon as it came up. my latest car took 7 months to find and i looked at about 10 from brighton all the way to sunderland and i found a perfect one. your looking for a rare car 500ish in the 90s so how many of them are either sheds or written off there are maybe 50 or 60 good ones left and how many for sale at any one time 1 or 2 (car ive just bought there are 100s for sale and it still took me 7 months!) ireland is not far at all just get seller to send loads of pics first then make a weekend of it. the good cars are out there, but if you really want one be prepared to pay and travel for the right one.

Back to the top

Back to the top
This one needs a few miles putting on it. Maybe a bit too early for what your looking for though?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/270903424521?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Back to the top

racer said

funk-star said

you are going to be looking for a very long time if your not prepared to travel! if im looking for a car i would think nothing of driving 200 miles straight after work to look at one as soon as it came up. my latest car took 7 months to find and i looked at about 10 from brighton all the way to sunderland and i found a perfect one. your looking for a rare car 500ish in the 90s so how many of them are either sheds or written off there are maybe 50 or 60 good ones left and how many for sale at any one time 1 or 2 (car ive just bought there are 100s for sale and it still took me 7 months!) ireland is not far at all just get seller to send loads of pics first then make a weekend of it. the good cars are out there, but if you really want one be prepared to pay and travel for the right one.

I have no issue traveling if the car will be as described when I arrive, in most cases it won't be.

Back to the top
Will have a chat with ex , she is thinking about selling her rivage , pm me your tel number

Mk1 2l TSR G60.  .getting. There twice as fast

Mk1 lhd diesel…….getting. There for half the cost

Back to the top
Rivage on pistonheads… Says 1989 but is a K reg???

Link - http://pistonheads.com/sales/3608443.htm

Might be of interest?

Cheers Hugh.

Banner

Back to the top

Shughy said

Rivage on pistonheads… Says 1989 but is a K reg???

Link - http://pistonheads.com/sales/3608443.htm

Might be of interest?

Not standard interior and no Rivage badges on it either.
89 as you spotted, but a K plate???

"Making Cabbies More Beautiful One Roof at a Time" 

Back to the top

Back to the top
Heated Seats on a MK1?

1992 Clipper Cabby - Love VW!
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.