Skip navigation

Of interest to us all! Please read! Tax Exemption.

Back to the top

Of interest to us all! Please read! Tax Exemption.

signed

CAMPAIGN-HELIOS BLUE-POSSIBLY SEEN IT ON CHRIS BARRIES(RIMMER IN RED DWARF) MASSIVE SPEED PROGRAMME?!!!

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top
all signed

altho i love the thought about this and would love it to happen

are the goverment really going to give up that money, somehow i dought it :(

Banner

Back to the top

Re: OF INTEREST TO US ALL! PLEASE READ! TAX EXEMPTION.

pudgeylee said

………..These are not cars which are driven everyday but rather on sunny weekends, to attend enthusiast shows etc.. ……….

Be careful what you wish for. One of the suggestions put forwards was 'free' classic car road tax, but with the restriction that you can only use it to travel to-from official shows and events.

Back to the top
signed and signed on my wifes behalf too!

why are people being negative about saving money??

1988 CLIPPER - SUMMER FUN

Back to the top
Why do you think the government are simply going to let a proportion of motorists why previously paid tax, get it for free???

Back to the top

Tonksy84 said

signed and signed on my wifes behalf too!

why are people being negative about saving money??

People are not being negative about saving money.

These petitions have been going years and nothings happend.

I would love for it to happen but think about it for a second.

The goverment do everything within there power to get more and more money out of us and moterists get hit bad all the time, so can you really see them loosing MILLIONS every year?

Back to the top
its a reasonable request, its not as if they're not getting enough money off motorists to cover the cost of repairing the roads.
Last year we paid £22million in road tax, of which the government only spent a little over £10million……
those are rough amounts, it was on the news about 2 weeks ago

Back to the top
I do think that they should carry on with the rolling age for the tax exempt, and although I've still got a few years till mine applies, I'm a little hesitant to sign this.

As it states, they're trying to aim this at cars that aren't even on the road much, and It's the problem with paying so much tax for only a few days out of the 6 months/12 months paid for. I completely agree with how silly and expensive that gets.
Problem is, mines a daily runner, and I would much rather pay the tax and use it, than not have to pay tax and only be allowed to drive it on certain days.

Back to the top
The UK is 1 trillion in debt.

Enough said.

Back to the top

paul_c said

pudgeylee said

………..These are not cars which are driven everyday but rather on sunny weekends, to attend enthusiast shows etc.. ……….

Be careful what you wish for. One of the suggestions put forwards was 'free' classic car road tax, but with the restriction that you can only use it to travel to-from official shows and events.
I realise where your coming from with this pre jan 1973 vehicles are already exempt with no restriction.Exempt Yes! restritions not wanted.Cant see it happening myself,we live in hope.

Back to the top

BigNormRivage said

Enough said.

Lol depressing, to the point of being laughable Lol.

Back to the top

kaylee81218 said

BigNormRivage said

Enough said.

Lol depressing, to the point of being laughable Lol.

Indeed mate.

The price of everything is going up and they are stinging us on everything.

So the thought of them giving up millions & millions every year just aint gonna happen.

Back to the top
I've signed

Mk1 Rivage Cabby on coilovers + VR6 Brakes

Back to the top
Cannot believe people are still signing these, not a chance of it happening, think yourselves lucky car tax on old vehicles isnt massively increased due to their dirty polluting nature ( i know their not really) but with all these lower tax bands for " clean" cars the lost money has to be got back somewhere.

Back to the top
out of interest

if you convert to one of these new diesel engines that are free tax

does the mk1 then become free if you register the engine change?

Banner

Back to the top

Can but try….. done

1982 Mk1 GTI 1.8 2016 Audi A3 1983 Kawasaki Z1000J 1977 Suzuki GT550

Back to the top
signed

Back to the top

andybury said

paul_c said

pudgeylee said

I realise where your coming from with this pre jan 1973 vehicles are already exempt with no restriction.Exempt Yes! restritions not wanted.Cant see it happening myself,we live in hope.

So logically, the thing to do would be ditch the pre 1973 historic exemption from paying tax, or impose restrictions on the use of the cars. Because simply defining a year which a car becomes 'classic' and is entitled to free tax, is unfair in principle. Making that year a bit sooner, or allowing it to roll forwards, isn't that much less unfair.

Back to the top

jellybelly said

out of interest

good question!

Back to the top

jellybelly said

out of interest

No, to qualify for the free tax band, the registered age of the car needs to be 2001 on. After this time, they based it on official CO2 emission figures, which need to be done in a controlled test, and is part of the type approval. Putting an engine into a different car doesn't result in the same economy as the original car anyway, due to different gearing, weight and drag coefficient of the cars.

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.