Skip navigation

The second Staffordshire regional meet - 19th February 2012

Back to the top

The second Staffordshire regional meet - 19th February 2012

GAMMYGOLFGTI said

Ade, you booked the same Sunday as Dubfreeze  8O

Can you put me down as a possible, it's just I'll be at Dubfreeze in the morning, then I might be frowned upon by 'er indoors to go strolling out again for a curry on the same day as her mums birthday  :wink:

make it up to her next sunday  :wink:
bert

Thats not a rod knockin,its a diesel stupid! floppy top and 1 tin top

Back to the top
Lol, hadn't realised that. Not going this year, it is just an air cooled  Van show now !!

Bring her along and her Mum !! Kill two birds with one stone :-)

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top

lhasadreams said

Kill two birds with one stone :-)

Need a big jagged edged brick, got any?

:mrgreen:

Back to the top
I have, but I will have to charge you a small fee, but look at this way it is a reusable item !!

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top
I'd like to come to this please.Can you put me down with Ansar.

Back to the top

Re: The second Staffordshire regional meet - 19th February 2

Hi,

I work for a company called Central Youth Theater in Wolverhampton. We are producing a comedy short based around the life of a Morris Traveller and its owner. The students on the film course are aged 10-19 and are working with professional script editors, cameraman and producers to bring the project together.

Part of my role is to source locations and props. I am currently looking for a GTI type car from the 90s and would like a Golf GTI really. We are shooting in Wolverhampton and the provisional date would be the 17th February.   

These cars would not be driven they are for background use only and if they were driven the owners would do this.

This short 9 minute feature will be shown at the Lighthouse in Wolverhampton on the 11th March 2012. The project is funded by First Light and is part of the British Film Institute.

I was hoping you had connections to Golf car owners in the West Midlands or could point me in the right direction to help me source people that would be interested in having their classic car featured in something like this. Or provide an advert that your readers would see.

Many thanks,

Louise MacRae
louacrae@gmail.com  http://www.centralyouththeatre.org/

Back to the top
Ok we now have 18 people up for this !!! (Maybe 20 if Woz brings his wife and mother in law !!)

Any more want to come along ?

Stu (Waterworx) how many of your troop are coming along ?

Please let me know asap so that I can get the table booked this weekend.

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top
Sorry Ade, been busy elsewhere past week or so.

Can you book us in for 4 places please, we will be having a walk around outside the dubfreeze but certainly wont be paying a tenner each to get in to look at the same old crap that is everywhere else.

Think its about time that all organisers realised that they deter more people than they atract with the stupid prices they charge for admission, Weston Park want £75 for 2 adults and a tent for 2 nights!!

£45 two years ago for the same..!

Back to the top
Cheers Stu - daughter power !!! Lol :-)

So that's 22 for the curry, should be a great turnout.

Remember Asiana has an under cover car park in the warm :-)
I will send directions nearer the time as that bit if Stafford can be a bit fiddly to get to !!
I will book it for 22 of us later today.

They can easily accommodate more, so don't be shy if you fancy joining us just let me know !!

Dub Freeze is also on the same day, so if you are coming from another region to it, come join us for a curry to warm up before you head off home !! Look forward to hearing how crap it has become, such a shame because the water cooled element is getting worse not better, it's just van feat now :-(

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top
Daughter Power..! More like ' Hormone Power'   :roll:

You've only met the nice ones, we got another daughter that everyone is frightened of and she's the youngest..! She's a fire breather..  :evil:

Back to the top
Ok, we are booked in for 22 at 5pm :-)

All their meat is Halal.

Those who have said they can come please let me know asap if you cannot make it so that the table size can be adjusted.

Looking forward to it !!

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top
Fab, Thanks Ade. :D

Staffordshire Regional Host support

Banner

Back to the top
Cant make it Ade, not a definite no, but better to be safe and not book me as coming  :wink:

Back to the top
Bumpty bump !!

Well it is getting close to this :-)

If anyone else would like to come along then please do not hesitate to contact me via this post or PM - you will be very welcome.

The car park access is not obvious !!

The top red line is for those coming from the north and the bottom those from the south.
The green area is the undercover car park, drive in through the hanger door and Ashianas is in the bottom corner.

Woz have you got a pass out yet ?

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top

lhasadreams said

Woz have you got a pass out yet ?

No cant do it, will be at Dubfreeze for the morning, working on the Cabby for the afternoon and down to the local Carvery for Mother in Laws birthday dinner in the evening (Mother in Law cant eat curry's nowadays as she has a stomach problem)

I know the underground car park your referring to from my years working in Stafford, are AA Silencers still in the one industrial unti, they made me a custom exhaust for a Range Rover I'd put a diesel conversion into back in about 1995, good company  8)  8)

Back to the top
There is still an exhaust company there but they are not called AA Silencer now.

Shame you cannot make it, perhaps next time mate.

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top
Looking forward to curry tomoz :D  :D  :D  :D
Just  watching Bend it Like Beckham and trying to stop the urge of having a curry for tea tonight too!!!

Staffordshire Regional Host support

Banner

Back to the top
We are too !!!

Resist the urge and have a pizza instead :-)

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top
were meeting at the clubhouse at 4 tom i think ade,should be there by 5 if all is well  8) got a cork for the journey home  :lol:
Bert

Thats not a rod knockin,its a diesel stupid! floppy top and 1 tin top

Back to the top
Not an easy place to find even with the aid of Ade's map (good eh?!)

Anyone who is struggling finding this venue…. give up  :lmao:

I will offer my help with directions as I am sure many others will.

07973 291702

Stu
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.