Skip navigation

My mk1 golf 16v KR project

Back to the top

My mk1 golf 16v KR project

Hello All,

This is one of my VW'S that i am restoring , There's still alot to be done but im hopeing to have her done by the end of may and she willl be up for sale in june/july as i need to stary my vr mk2 or gtd caddy..

pmac2012 | Flickr

Cheers for looking :D

Mk1 golf gti 8v slow resto mk2 golf gtd Mk 4 golf tdi B3 passat gtd (stripped and scrapped) Suzuki Sv650s(sold)

Back to the top
Liking the engine. I see the bay is now black, is the yellow outside staying or is that going black too?

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Thanks it is starting to come together now..

The yellow is staying I have spent today fitting the rear window and side decals will post some images tomorrow..Looks SWEET!!!!

Still undecided what to do with the wheels though, I have a spare set of g60's but they look to big on the car..May go for standard gti rims….what do ya think???

Mk1 golf gti 8v slow resto mk2 golf gtd Mk 4 golf tdi B3 passat gtd (stripped and scrapped) Suzuki Sv650s(sold)

Back to the top

Back to the top
That is looking wicked mate....very nice.

1980 Series 1 GTI (gone now .. what a mistake selling her!)
1979 Series 1 LD - the Mandarin Dragon … gone as well. oh dear.

Back to the top
Thanks….

Bugger I have already ordered new front door cards and also a new headlining….How much you want for the washer bottle I don't think i have one..

Back to the top
Sorry mate - my signature means that I am looking to buy those items… also looking for them but reckon i will just use my rear washer bottle for the front.

Early door cards…. that is a tough one!

Good luck mate.

Back to the top
Ha i see now…I think it will do the same with the washer bottle as i only have a rear, It will free up some room in the bay also…

As for the door cards i dont know anyone with any but i have ordered mine new from: http://retroretrims.mfbiz.com/ not a bad price..
I have not got them yet but i will let you know what there like when i get em..

Back to the top
yeah check the washer bottle thread…. http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=111553

let me know what the door cards look like.

cheers.

Back to the top

Back to the top

Back to the top
Hi,

Are the door cards covered in leather and if so, would you mind saying how much it was for the pair?

Thanks,
D

Current MK1 rebuild elapsed time - 15 years and counting…
Is it normal to clean and paint bits of your car that will never be seen?
Not-so-new addition - 1996 MK1 Citi Golf (off the road for 4 years… and counting)

Back to the top
Hello,

Mine are not leater, i went for the cheaper option, they were 55 i think. But you can get them in leather from retro retrimmers, there link is below

http://retroretrims.mfbiz.com/

Back to the top
Mk1 has gone into hiding for a little while..

Will resume once i have fixed the broken mini next to it

Back to the top
just a few pics to update

started blasting some bit and bobs

this is the bain of my life, my little brothers mini, only just finished it and he reversed into a lampost

Home made sand blaster

Got my brother on blasting duties

comes out well

primed and ready for paint tonight

Back to the top
Rite at long last i have restared the mk1, with a few changes.. i have sold the kr lump, now fitting a dx lump.. i have taken a few pics but will update with a few more at the weekend..

back in the workshop

door pockets and window regs fitted

hmmm bit of a mess

new lump…kent cam, ports polished and a full stainless system

Back to the top
I need a load of parts i have a wanted list on here, please help if you can, i need to finish this im moving to oz may 1st... need this done!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to the top

new shiny bits

Back to the top
Few more pics needs little bits doing and a massive clean, but its almost ready for a mot

Back to the top
Lovely car mate. Looks brilliant. Love the colour. Good luck with the MOT.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.