Skip navigation

1983 mk1golf driver R

Back to the top

1983 mk1golf driver R

R32 3.2 v6 from a mk4 golf runnin a vr6 box

Back to the top
Mmmmmm. Nice!

Mk1 Gti Cabby project on the go! Detailed engine, roof off, leather interior, 16's, painted, now getting put back together!

http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=103263&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc

Back to the top
My custom engine mount

Back to the top
Who's doin yr repaint ?

Back to the top
Tight! Nice job though. Will be interested to know how it handles at the front end, it will sound the danglies though 8)

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
this is great, love to see people putting the effort in.
Could you possibly pm a phone number for the person who did your shafts? as i need a pair of shafts shortened also for a pd240 conversion.
thanks

Back to the top
Oh..

Back to the top

chop chop

hi. just wondered how u were getting on with the car ? think i might go the narrowed track way with mine , as any sweet wheels i find always have to much poke. were u going to narrow the track rod end to ? ric

Back to the top
If you narrow the track, the rear shocks and front struts will all sit at funny angles? Don't the springs catch the tyres?

You'll have to shorten the steering arms too - does this affect the geometry and make the steering heavy?

Good effort though…

Back to the top

AL_Mk1 said

If you narrow the track, the rear shocks and front struts will all sit at funny angles? Don't the springs catch the tyres?

You'll have to shorten the steering arms too - does this affect the geometry and make the steering heavy?

Good effort though…

On the rear the way he's narrowed the beam won't affect the shock angle, as he's removed material from the part of the beam further outward than the shock mount.

On the front yes it will affect shock angle but nothing a pair of adjustable top mounts won't correct :wink: Everything needs to be shortened to match, driveshafts, track rods etc.  It will affect steering geometry but I doubt it will be noticable with 6 cylinders of awesomeness under your right foot :lol:

Nice work fella! :D

Back to the top
U hav to get adjustable top mounts
Cut down track rod ends an track it up an it's all sweet
An on rear the shocks stay in same place

Back to the top

narrowed

kl . adjustable top mounts.take it there some sort of track product?  ill look in to it…. any pic's of the drive shafts yet. ric

Back to the top
Not got back yet but shudder be soon I'll let u no an get pic up
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.