Skip navigation

Daily Driver Help!

Back to the top

Daily Driver Help!

i need it mate or i got no car for germany until i find another one :( selling the cabby and my 1.3 petrol i was going to sort this caddy out but its going to take longer than i thought, so i need either another caddy diesel or a golf diesel which yours is :D

Back to the top
if you cancel an insurance policy or let it run out, you can re-use your NCB up to 2 years after then it goes back to 0.

paul is spot on there as i found out to my horror when i stopped getting a company car and they changed it to a car alowance but you can play the system a bit.

i took my expried 2 yr NCB certificate and a letter from company saying i hadnt had accident in 5 years of driving for company and got them to start me on 7 years NCB or something like that.

i think if you go back to the insurer who last issued you the NCB ceritifcate and threaten to go elsewhere unless the consider the NCB then they would usually back down, you just had to be a pain on the phone :-)

mk2GTD sounds like it could be a plan ……

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top

mAtt- said

i need it mate or i got no car for germany until i find another one :( selling the cabby and my 1.3 petrol i was going to sort this caddy out but its going to take longer than i thought, so i need either another caddy diesel or a golf diesel which yours is :D

i could hire it to you :)

Banner

Back to the top
just sell it me you know you want to :D and atleast you will still see it and know its being well looked after :D

Back to the top
i have a diesel engine you could put in the 1.3?

Banner

Back to the top
to much effort, engine mount in wrong place etc .. better to find a diesel

Back to the top
there isn't that many around really

gotta keep mine for a while as it's the only working car

Banner

Back to the top
buy a new one with funds from mk1

Back to the top
turned out the water pump broke, impella broke and the shaft bearing. Cut through 1/2 the timing belt and the timing belt cover. not far from loosing the timing belt.. that would have ment dead engine

all fixed now but not sure on cost as the bill will arrive in the post

i'll look forward to that!! :lmao:

Banner

Back to the top
They are Pug worth sub-1K, you need to spend £ 500-1K to get fixed, and then it does not make sense? Sale pug to buy a new motor as a spare / repair. You can get a 1K to determine the MK4 the GTI.

Back to the top
Don't want to be the first to cast aspersions but regarding the broken water pump, was there enough antifreeze in the engine? :dontknow:

Last year after the frost ebay was swamped with spares or repairs vehicles 'was running fine until water pump/cambelt/radiator/headgasket went' or 'it strangely over heated in freezing weather?'

1983 Mars Red 1.8 Golf GTI
1987 Alpine White 1.8 Clipper Cabriolet

The trouble with doing nothing is that you never know when you are finished.

Back to the top
yea there was plenty of anti freeze in the motor

the mecahnic was a bit stumped to why it happened

the car was 5k of a cambelt change anyway

Banner
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.