Skip navigation

Golf PD TDI Cabby

Back to the top

Re: No veggie oil!

Golf PD TDI Cabby

allana13 said

bluey12 said

Bert said

vegetable oil can be used,it states so im my passat owners manual,i wouldnt like to add much though,the electric pump in the tank wont like it  :wink:
Bert
Hi Bert, my advise would be to stay away from the veggie oil. I'm a technician and we have recently changed a few 130 pd lumps down to the veggie oil reacting and turning oil to a sludge on one occasion. Looks amazing though should be very fast with lots of torquessss!

Its ok for older cars though ???
Normally yes but the older stuff I.e early td stuff and non turbo diesels, mk1 diesels should be fine

Banner

Back to the top
small update,polo now stripped,and shell weighed in,kept everything any good off the car,
got the garage cleaned up a bit today,bolted the cabby to the rollover jig so ready to spin it over and sort out the underside,took the gearbox off the engine,need to sort out a gearbox as the polo 02R has no speedo drive and odd drive flanges,so need to source a good box to use,was going to try a AAZ 020 100mm box on see how it fits? its just the worry that a 020 box and a 210mm clutch will hold up?
Bert

Thats not a rod knockin,its a diesel stupid! floppy top and 1 tin top

Back to the top

Bert said

small update,polo now stripped,and shell weighed in,kept everything any good off the car,
got the garage cleaned up a bit today,bolted the cabby to the rollover jig so ready to spin it over and sort out the underside,took the gearbox off the engine,need to sort out a gearbox as the polo 02R has no speedo drive and odd drive flanges,so need to source a good box to use,was going to try a AAZ 020 100mm box on see how it fits? its just the worry that a 020 box and a 210mm clutch will hold up?
Bert

1.9 TDI box from a 1Z or AHU engine fitted to mk3 golf or seat ibiza/cordoba would be the best bet, they run on 90bhp so would be better than an AAZ box, also good if you want to avoid custom drive shafts and gear box mounts.

hows the wiring getting along fella,
ive got my mk4 golf tdi donor car back at the garage now, dont really want to start pulling it apart until i know what im doing with the wiring side of things.

Back to the top
ive been looking for a mk3 o2a tdi box to be honest,not found a decent looking one yet,there stronger than the 020 by the look of it and the clutches are bigger still,
didnt fance a 020 incase the clutch wont hold out  :|
Wiring ready,just need to get it fitted and see how it goes  :wink:
Bert

Back to the top
bert dont use a aaz box as it wont hold and it will just blow everytime you floor it!
A o2a is the best bet as the mounts are easy to make or get and a g60 clutch fit well and is very strong.
could you please pm me a spec of the wiring as im going to get started on mine soon and i dont know where to start any pics would help massivley
cheers azza

Back to the top

Back to the top

Back to the top

azzatdi said

bert dont use a aaz box as it wont hold and it will just blow everytime you floor it!
A o2a is the best bet as the mounts are easy to make or get and a g60 clutch fit well and is very strong.
could you please pm me a spec of the wiring as im going to get started on mine soon and i dont know where to start any pics would help massivley
cheers azza

Some wiring diagrams would also helpe out alot too.
If you could also pm me with the specs it would be greatly appreciated

Back to the top
AAZ box works well on TDI (1Z)  I have no issues with it, the only alteration was to get 100mm driveshafts, everything else is standard MK1 golf fitment.

Back to the top
to be fair im not going to use it daily or go round wheelspinning  :roll:   :wink:  so aaz box will do for 140hp i think,if not ill go 02a mk3 tdi box,for the cost of replacing a blown box is only pennies for me and my aaz now with 115 hp and a 90mm polo box is fine  :dontknow:   :wink:
Bert

Back to the top
Ah that's good bert!
Any pics on the wiring?
Petrols are fine for aaz box's because of the torque

Azza

Back to the top
Guess i will have to figure out the wiring myself then!

Back to the top

dub_fatha said

really look what rubjonny said under your 1st comment and if you ask the question in modification bit he will prob help you more

really love this thread got me thinking about diesel power now plus all that cheap veg oil

It dunt fit

Back to the top
yeah its best to ask tech questions in mod forum, as not everyone reads your build thread ;)

read this thread though its mk1 abf but for the wiring involved the mk3 tdi is pretty much same:
http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=113764

ignore the later part of the tread where he finds 2 fuseboxes though :banghead: just concentrate on the bits where i explain how to splice the mk3 loom to mk1 fusebox.

tdi maybe even easier as no coil modification to worry about. you'll need to put the DBW pedal plug behind the fusebox and extend the wiring from where you mount the DBW unit to it, but thats not hard cut, add length and done

Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

My wiring diagrams and other documents have moved here:

VAG Documents & Downloads

You'll need to sign into google/gmail for the link to work! (its free!)

Back to the top

BigandDaft said

dub_fatha said

really look what rubjonny said under your 1st comment and if you ask the question in modification bit he will prob help you more

really love this thread got me thinking about diesel power now plus all that cheap veg oil

my donor is a mk4 tdi matey :dontknow:

ive done plenty of mk3 engine swaps so know the wiring very well on the 1Z and AHU conversions, but have never done a mk4 swap before

Back to the top
ah ok well read this thread for 1.8t wiring into mk2, near the end i cover CE1 mk4 wiring conversion with details on how i do the wire routing. mk4 diesel will be very similar:
http://www.clubgti.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=205887

Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

My wiring diagrams and other documents have moved here:

VAG Documents & Downloads

You'll need to sign into google/gmail for the link to work! (its free!)

Back to the top

rubjonny said

ah ok well read this thread for 1.8t wiring into mk2, near the end i cover CE1 mk4 wiring conversion with details on how i do the wire routing. mk4 diesel will be very similar:
http://www.clubgti.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=205887

john, you are the man.
many thanks for the link  :D

Back to the top
update time
Got the paint out and made a start on the rear wheel arch whilst the suspension is off,tidy it up a bit,this is the first coat,covers well

then the front was stripped ready for paint

Engine/gearbox wise im going to use the 02R polo tdi box,i managed to get a set of 100mm flanges to replace the 108mm ones currently fitted to it,

Also removed the dual mass flywheel and clutch and got a g60 solid flywheel and clutch for it,old one

new one

Also got a genuine timing belt kit ready to go on when the water pump is purchased  8)

Bert

Back to the top
Spot the AGM yellow bonnet in the last few pics.............. :roll:

Banner

Back to the top
been a while,doing the boring stuff like painting still,took loads of bits to get powder coated today  :wink:
Got the drive up the garages done,just waiting for my mate to make the gates now

from this

to this

Bert

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.