Skip navigation

Mk1 Golf GTI to 20v 1.8t Conversion

Back to the top

Mk1 Golf GTI to 20v 1.8t Conversion

So a few weeks later than I would have liked i finally got my car down to the garage for its shake down pre MOT. Just wanted someone else to give it a once over to make sure i hadn't missed anything obvious and everything was secure as it should be. A very nervous mile drive. listening out to all the knocks that the car makes and wondering what they all were. Looking forward to picking it up and having a more confident drive home with it.

So while it was sunny it got a wash. First time in a few years. As well as driving it for the first time since 2004.

Now i'm the look out for some wheels, as i had to borrow the gold items off a mate to get the car down the road.

Back to the top
Cracking work Jon. Looking forward to having a spin in it. :)

Back to the top

smudger1980 said

Cracking work Jon. Looking forward to having a spin in it. :)

Me to, looking forward to being able to drive it with confidence.

Back to the top
It looks great and very happy in the sunlight lol.. Getting so close for you to now:)

Back to the top
well the tax has run out and it has been put to bed for the rest of winter so i can now start to play about with changing things around and finishing the little jobs i have been putting off whilst it was on the road and working.

swapping the inlet manifold over so the TB sits on the other side, thought it was going to be straight forward but a few thing swill need to be moved so it will have to wait a few more weeks. TB fouls on the fan so need to swap that over to the other side of the rad, maybe move a coolant pipe to. then go about seeing what i can reuse of my pipe work to get it all back together.

Back to the top
swapped some wheels with Cavs on here to try out,

like to go lower to fill the gaps but not much more to be had up front due to the sump.

Back to the top
So this happened a while back.

Now I just need a windscreen and back on the road.

Back to the top
nice roof ,. what did it cost you if you dont mind me asking ?

Back to the top
Got it from LWS design, price you'll have to discuss with them.

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.