Skip navigation

What are these wires for?

Back to the top

What are these wires for?

what would you class as a late spec cabby? 1987 onwards?

Back to the top
i think its from 1984 onwards they got it. basically if it has a lift pump, its the one you want! earlier cars have mk1 tintop setup with no lift pump asnd instead an internal tank swirl pot + an L pipe to the bottom of the tank for the main pump

Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

My wiring diagrams and other documents have moved here:

VAG Documents & Downloads

You'll need to sign into google/gmail for the link to work! (its free!)

Back to the top
better to just buy a gti tank and then external fuel pump and reservior by the sounds of it.

Back to the top
you would need to change the straps too, and the filler neck. this assumes the smaller gti tank will even fit your car? late cab tank is much bigger see.

id go the lifter pump + reservoir route if it was me, after all it is the factory solution for your car + injection ;)

Back to the top
mk2 scirocco tank is the same as a later cabby with lift pump new tank is about £130

Back to the top
How can you even know this much?! Is it legal?  How much pressure does a mk1 gti pump deliver? Will it be enough?I've heard kjet is approx 5 bar and an agu engine requires about 3 with standard injectors

Back to the top
you can run a efi pump which is low pressure something like an old cavalier pump is fine the k-jet pump is high pressure but not required

my friend ran a gti tank with vectra low pressure efi pump and was making 200 bhp no problems

Back to the top
more about flow rate, plus the kind of power levels you want. k-jet will handle just about anything

Back to the top
Kjet it is then so all I need is late cabby gti lift pump and sender, kjet fuel pump or the 1 in the eBay link and the reservoir plus associated fittings and pipes.
Accumulator seems like a waste of time by the looks of things
Back onto wiring if you wouldnt mind could I be number 15 of your list of looms to be done. Do need a deposit or what?
This forum has achieved legendary status in my mind…

Back to the top
yeah accumulator is only required for k-jet :)

just send me your looms when you get them and I'll do them when I can :)

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.