Skip navigation

Hello from Lancashire!

Back to the top

Hello from Lancashire!

:D Hello all, Been a Austin Metro owner for the last year but decided to sell it this week..

Tomorrow Ill be collecting my first golf.. Its a 1985 mk1 Cabrio in a gold sort of colour, Ill take a few pics of her tomorrow for you all to see.

:P Paul

Newbe with a 85 Cabrio

Back to the top
:) Hi and welcome to the club you will find loads of help if you need it .And keep an eye out  for local meets ok.

B reg cab

Back to the top

Pic of it as it landed home today!

Newbe with a 85 Cabrio

Back to the top
Is this Champagne??

Newbe with a 85 Cabrio

Back to the top
hi welcome to the club paul nice little cabby you got there

there was a one identical to that on ebay recently is it the same car ??

scott

South West Regional Host

Previous;
1991 Clipper, 1978 S1 GLS, 1983 Type25, 1989 Clipper GTI

Current;
Zero, zilch, nought, zero, nothing….

Banner

Back to the top
Hello there. Loving those pressed plates on the car. I have some on mine.

Welcome to the site.  :wink:

Banner

Back to the top
Hi there Paul,welcome to the fold get yourself to the local meets (keep looking in "regional" for posts) I love the pressed alloy plate look, trouble is Mr Plod wont and yours are illegal (£60 fine) so just be aware of it."DUBMEISTER" sell legal pressed alloy plates if you have replace them .

Back to the top
It is the auto that was on ebay from leeds for £600.. I got it down to £500 :) It does need work. little bits of rust here and there exhaust rattles when stood still, inside is pretty dirty, but not ripped or damaged at all.

Needs a new tyre

Had some major problems getting her home yesterday. kept cutting out every mile.. I guessed it was fueling problem, I was right..

The fuel line was made of sevral bodged together peices of hose, and one of those god awful after market massive plastic filters..

I finaly got it back and replaced the lot with one nice new fuel line for £3 and took her for a good hours run.. Never missed a beat! Now im going to wait for some dryer weather and get onto a good valet. then prep the body for a few touch ups.. inc the boot lid needs a full respray as its from another car (white)

Also missing one piece of side chrome trim (drivers side rear piece)

Roof looks great, lets see what she looks like in a few weeks.

Paul

Newbe with a 85 Cabrio

Back to the top
Cheers Pal, I think I will invest in some legal ones, I did think they were illegal tbh

The plod round here dont seem to bother with cars etc, I dont know anyone whos been pulled. But its DUI crack down december so. even tho Ill always pass the breathaliser they may nick me for these..

Paul

Newbe with a 85 Cabrio

Back to the top
They had my wife when she was driving my car and she managed to escape the fine but I had to get the car re- M.O.T. tested which was a pain, and the earache I got from my wife  :redfaced:

www.dubmeister.co.uk do legal pressed ones look good too!

Back to the top
Ive had the plates done now, and bought myself some Vdub allys that dont look like crap!! Taken the clocks out to replace busted bulbs, now to start the paint work!!

Pics to follow!  :)

Newbe with a 85 Cabrio

Back to the top
Hi Paul, nice to see that there is another dub man from Lancashire. Nice car, do you have any plans for the car at the moment?

Back to the top
Yep, nice alloys and a pint job front the bottom to the chrome strip only, to give a two tone effect

I was thinking metallic black with the gold on top would look really nice!

Bought myself some mk3 minilite style alloys to go on next week.

Newbe with a 85 Cabrio

Back to the top
oh and chrome bumpers would be really nice! Im not fond of these plastic ones or the clipper kit as its too boy racery

Newbe with a 85 Cabrio

Back to the top
i have seen some two tone cars and they look really nice if you match the colors right. black and gold sounds good! Are the minilites 13"? they will change the ride for sure lol. mine are 14" and i has to sacrifice ride for the looks. chrome bumpers are expensive but they are definitely worth it!

Back to the top
i'm not keen on the clipper kit either

Back to the top
Just need to find me a chrome strip for the drivers side rear! looks aweful without one!

Newbe with a 85 Cabrio

Back to the top
create a new topic in the "wanted" scetion and i'm sure somone on here will sort you out!

Back to the top
I have, No luck yet... also Id like some seats like yours!! :) mine are not the nicest ones!

Newbe with a 85 Cabrio

Back to the top
i actually have two recaros in the front and the back bench is the standard cloth seat trim. To be honest i haven't seen these pop up yet however you can find that leather seats from mk2 and other cars can be fitted when mounted on a mk1 subframe.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.