Skip navigation

Now rebuild 2. going ABF, wheels and interior changes+++++more pics inside

Back to the top

Now rebuild 2. going ABF, wheels and interior changes+++++more pics inside

Good work there mate , that was proper mid 90`s southend sea front style before hand aye !

I really like the colour and love the zender roof spoiler too dont change them ! The floor pan is defo lhasa green so i guess it may be its original colour but on a 30 odd year old car its impossible to tell , for example if it had a bare metal respray from acid dip and a colour change on the v5 it would make it hard to tell , vw could tell you off the chassis number tho .

Back to the top
what a transformation
nicely done buddy

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top
OK. Well after not having to sell the old girl and finding another way to pay some debts…….and then winning £2k last month :) ive decided to do some more bits on the Golf ready for the summer. Full bush kit, new fuel pump & reg, BMW M3 Vader seats, new coilies, new wheels etc etc. Oh and dumping the KR in favour of my ABF!

So this is how I got the car last december:

Then after months of stripping, fixing and re newing (new fule lines, brakes through inc lines, sound deadening, suspension…..you name it!) it was moted for the summer like this:

Now this has been great fun! Having some cash come my way ive decided to put the ABF in from my caddy, bought a whole new interior, all new bush kit and coilies. I shall also be adding BBS RX11 polished lip and white centres, painting the engine bay, tidying wires, refurbing steering rack, new wish bones and ball joints etc. Basically everything I can without a respray.

Got a raceland height adjustable manifold to go on as well :|

Engine progress getting there:

grubby!:

Looking much better now……more to follow

There will be lots more to follow. Especially stripping out the old engine and doing the wiring! Not looking forward to that. I am looking forward to the ABF though. Had it in my caddy with the keihin carbs and boy did it fly!

Back to the top
What a difference! 

Looks so much better with the black bumpers, gonna go like stink when then engine in..

Good luck with it.. 

Back to the top
Cheers dude. :)  Cannot wait! lol

Back to the top
Looks brilliant mate. Love the colour. You've obviously been mega busy working on her.

Good luck.

Smudger

Back to the top
Well I havent been on here since January!! Mainly because i have been loitering over at the mk2 owners club since buying a 16v one of those as a daily.

I have also been busy finishing off the mk1 and over the last couple of weeks just generally been out n about enjoying it. Its all finished….yeah right! ar ethey ever "finished"
Not much has been left untouched, replaced, refurbed etc and its defo not a car for the purists amongst us. Although I would like a mint original to go alongside it one day.. Ill let the pics do the talking. Its not mint and was built on a driveway and I learnt as I went along really, swearing and making mistakes……but you only make em once!
  photo Golf4_zps2795415d.jpg

photo Golf3_zps89e2ca8f.jpg
photo Golf2_zps636495f0.jpg
photo Golf1_zps583ba2c1.jpg
photo Interior1_zps6ab26373.jpg
photo Interior2_zpsd2a88471.jpg

Next to my mates new buggy. 41 vs 31. lol
photo GolfandBuggy1_zps731c495c.jpg
photo GolfandBuggy2_zps786acdd7.jpg

Back to the top
Same pics but bigger this time!

Back to the top
Such an improvement, nice one!

Back to the top
Love the front seats mate. Bet they're comfy.  :cool:  :cool:  :cool:

Back to the top
Yeah seats are great. Loads of adjustment too! They have al the heating conecctors attached so I could wire them in but probabaly wont for 2 reasons:
1. after a new matrix and the bigger engine it gets so toasty in there when on hot that I swear boil in the bag could be an option! lol

and 2: In the depths of winter……it wont be coming out!  :)
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.