Skip navigation

MFA battery etc, blank MFA Clock

Back to the top

MFA battery etc, blank MFA Clock

A good trick is to take the clocks out and clean the copper contacts on the blue mylar film. Then put a couple of turns of insulating tape around the mounting nib the foil fits over, this pads it out so when the connector is re fitted it makes for a a better contact. So if you've done the head wire check and the earth braid to the coil mounting bracket too. I took my clocks apart to see part of the circuit board fried….

"Making Cabbies More Beautiful One Roof at a Time" 

Back to the top
A good trick is to take the clocks out and clean the copper contacts on the blue mylar film. Then put a couple of turns of insulating tape around the mounting nib the foil fits over, this pads it out so when the connector is re fitted it makes for a a better contact. So if you've done the head wire check and the earth braid to the coil mounting bracket too. I took my clocks apart to see part of the circuit board fried….

"Making Cabbies More Beautiful One Roof at a Time" 

Back to the top
My 1991 Cabby was garaged over winter and the MFA is now just showing a P on the left hand side and I can't do anything with it. Has anyone seen this error before? The battery did go flat at one point so I'm guessing that caused it, but how do I fix it?

Back to the top
TheDoctor

Not sure what you mean by "not showing a P"?

I know I've only just got up and not had my two cups of coffee yet, so can you explain more of what the P is on the display please?  :thumbs:

Sent by a smartphone and not a smartperson!

Play Guess the Asking Price 'SEASON 4' as of Sunday the 29th of October 2017.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fguess-the-asking-price_2

OLD.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fold-guess-the-asking

Ever wondered who's behind the scenes of this forum?
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=committee

Mike

There's me building mine 28 years ago, almost finished!        

001.JPG       

Be proud of your VW Golf Mk1, it's very special!

Back to the top
pull the dash fuse for 30 seconds, the computer has probably just gone funny. they dont like loosing power

Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

My wiring diagrams and other documents have moved here:

VAG Documents & Downloads

You'll need to sign into google/gmail for the link to work! (its free!)

Back to the top
Thanks John, all working again now.

Seems that pulling the fuse sorts out most MFA problems. Suppose its the equivalent of "turning it off and on again" :)

Back to the top
yup you got to 'reboot the pc' :lol:

Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

My wiring diagrams and other documents have moved here:

VAG Documents & Downloads

You'll need to sign into google/gmail for the link to work! (its free!)
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.