Skip navigation

mk1 1.9 pd engine conversion and restoration finished.

Back to the top

pd240 project. Updated10/12/2012 daily updates

new page new pics

Back to the top
Looks good mate. 8)

Back to the top
cheers pal

got the inside of the door painted today perfect finish out of the gun thank god i am getting better slowly.

its just taking so long for the paint to dry even with the good old rocket in there.

Back to the top
anyone got any comments on the colour?

got some more done.

bootlid has been nearly put back together the glass is in.

also decided to put some red in with the primer on the door to help the paint cover as it was not covering to well to be honest….it really does make a difference.

pics below to show.

the door is also now painted red but no pictures to show so will upload again tomorow.

Back to the top
dont you wear socks in your house lol
Bert

Thats not a rod knockin,its a diesel stupid! floppy top and 1 tin top

Back to the top
hard to make proper judgement from camera pics but cant go wrong with red, always looks good on a gti :)

Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

My wiring diagrams and other documents have moved here:

VAG Documents & Downloads

You'll need to sign into google/gmail for the link to work! (its free!)

Back to the top
cant afford socks she says after spending on the golf.

had to repaint the lower half of the door as there was a reaction accross to bottom edge.
i didnt want to paint the upper half as it was a perfect finish.

Back to the top
Paint looks good. What are you using Cellulose? What conditions are you painting in? And what is the finish like? Any orange peal?

I will be attempting a full respray myself early next year in my neighbours garage, my Dad used to spray his old fleet vehicles, but i don't want to try if the finish isn't going to be decent enough.

Thanks

David

MK1 Golf - 1.3l Driver
MK1 Golf - 1.8 GTI (Build Thread - Here)

Back to the top
im using 2pack gloss. ford radiant red.  (the killer)
basically its just a 4 car work garage. its a friends business. large compressor with water trap and a half decent gun.
minimal orange peel. but quite a few bits of dust but thats to be expected considering people work in there day in day out. plus there is a 20ft door that never closes. but considering the conditions the professional painter said i am doing great. i have painted my mk4 golf before so i am not a complete newbie
i would not use celly as it takes way to long to dry and more dirt can land on it. i have just been warming the panel before the paint with the heat gun as its -2 degrees outside.

Back to the top
^^^As long as you put plenty of paint on,lots of coats not thick coats colour sanding and a good polish will improve the finish 1000%

Back to the top
thats one big sig

Back to the top

dany_sims said

im using 2pack gloss. ford radiant red.  (the killer)
basically its just a 4 car work garage. its a friends business. large compressor with water trap and a half decent gun.
minimal orange peel. but quite a few bits of dust but thats to be expected considering people work in there day in day out. plus there is a 20ft door that never closes. but considering the conditions the professional painter said i am doing great. i have painted my mk4 golf before so i am not a complete newbie
i would not use celly as it takes way to long to dry and more dirt can land on it. i have just been warming the panel before the paint with the heat gun as its -2 degrees outside.

Excuse my ignorance and I could be so wrong, but compared to Cellulose isn't 2 Pack dangerous? Are you using a respiratory mask? I have always used Cellulose because of this.

David

MK1 Golf - 1.3l Driver

Back to the top
Lol ye im new to posting pics i must sort that out lol :redfaced: heres another just for the hell of it.

Back to the top
2 pack is very dangerous yes. i am wearing a mask.
i have painted in the past without using 2k by just leaving the room straight away as soon as the coat is on. leaving door open whilst painting

Back to the top
only had an hour today was up in newcastle by 9am
here a couple of pics

Back to the top
Looking good mate. Difficult to tell with a phone as paint jobs always look  different in person.

Back to the top
will get some close up pics the paint will look great once flat and polished loads of people have seen it and said it dont need it but i want it to look amazing

Back to the top
Looking at that mate I don't think it needs it :lol:

Go with what you think mate will look best it's your car. Looks ace to me though from the pic.

Back to the top
I second that, looks really good.

Makes me want to use 2K rather then Cellulose.

David

MK1 Golf - 1.3l Driver

Back to the top
thanks for the possitive comments guys i need to get on with the shell but only got one door and two wings then all bolt on panels are done. i want to be able to get the shell done and then bolt it all up in one go rather than messing about with these bits later plus its to cold to paint the shell where it is at the moment.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.