Skip navigation

best gear selector cable length

Back to the top

best gear selector cable length

Excellent. I was worried that the cable shift would not feel as good as the rod shift I currently have.

I feel a trip to the scrappy coming up….

I see you say further up that you got some new parts from Audi for 47 pounds? What exactly were these?

Also, the part from VW that swaps the clutch from hydraulic to cable. Do you know the part no?

Many thanks
Huw

Back to the top
Hey Pete. Seen on another thread you had the 02j tower and mk4 shifter for sale. You don't happen to still have them do you???

Back to the top
Oh, does it matter if the gear selector is a 6 speed? I'd imagine the 5 & 6 speed selectors are the same, but thought I'd ask..
Thanks

Back to the top
no sorry ive sold them but my m8 does have the 02j tower and selector if you intresed just pm me. yes it has to be a 5 speed. i get some part numbers up soon. the audi short shift just makes shifting closer

Back to the top
for the seat cable set up try ebay first if not i will post oem part number for what u need.

Back to the top
No worries Peter.
I picked up an o2j shift tower and cable selector from a 1.8T A3 from the scrappy.

I'm going to go hydraulic for the clutch as the it will be smoother and less stress on the bulk head. Also, the lever alone was 90 pounds..

Thanks again
Huw

Back to the top
yep they expensive if brought new. im not a fan of hydro lol i still wanna keep some of that old 32 yr car feeling . i like my cable clutch works my legs lol. glad you sorted it . once you all set up follow this vid to set up your new set up . 02j in 02a

VW MK4, MK5, and MK6 5 speed shifter adjustment for 02J and MQ250 transmissions - YouTube

Back to the top
LOL. I just had a look at the master cylinder end and all of a sudden the 90 clutch actuator looks more attractive….

Thanks for the setup link, that will be very useful.
Cheers

Back to the top
you find em on ebay cheap

Back to the top
 Ive found a mk4 golf in car shifter tower which I will be mounting underneath rather than inside the car and running the cables over the steering rack. For those peopke that have done it this way what cables work as the mk4 golf cables are way too long. Also what have people done about protecting them from the exhaust heat and securing them?
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.