Skip navigation

South West Meet Sunday 20th November Cribbs Causeway, Bris

Back to the top

South West Meet Sunday 20th November Cribbs Causeway, Bris

Sounds good mate really looking forward to Sunday !

vw a way of life

Back to the top
Dammit! I want to come to this! But im going to Cardiff later in the evening to see Lee Evans.

Will it be happening again? Would be in the Passat but would like to meet some people.

Mk1 Golf Gti Abf conversion Project
Mk2 Golf Gti 16v
Mini Cooper S R53 (Daily)

Back to the top
Yes my mate will be coming in his golf / I agree a drink sounds good this time but happly go with the flow

Back to the top
bigdog - ok cool see you both Sunday then :)

Lukeybabes - shame, but me and richyhill are trying to turn this into a regular thing so there should be another. With xmas next month it probs won't happen until the new year but when we so get a date for the second meet one of us will keep you posted. And any car is welcome, doesn't have to be a vw :)

Scott

South West Regional Host

Previous;
1991 Clipper, 1978 S1 GLS, 1983 Type25, 1989 Clipper GTI

Current;
Zero, zilch, nought, zero, nothing….

Banner

Back to the top
1.arf333
2.richyhill
3.bristolnate
4.drakey91
5.veedubjay
6.Thorney
7.gasco
8.bigdog
9. natedog
10. jonesygti
11. Blans
12. connor_bristow
13.bigDogs mate
14.casper

Rich do you think your mate Nathan would be interested in coming along ??

South West Regional Host

Previous;

Current;

Banner

Back to the top
1.arf333
2.richyhill
3.bristolnate
4.drakey91
5.veedubjay
6.Thorney
7.gasco
8.bigdog
9. natedog
10. jonesygti
11. Blans
12. connor_bristow
13.bigDogs mate
14.casper
15. Mixerman

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
add me to the list guys il pop up and say hello, will be a flying visit, if its dry ill bring the clipper, youll all have to ignore my rat look bonnet, its a work in progress, if weather is shite il be in the polo. 2 pm sunday halfords

only 2 tools needed, wd40 & ducktape, if its stuck,wd40. if it needs sticking,duck tape ;p

Back to the top
o.k guys, this is looking like a great turnout of new and old members, could everone list there actual name and car they are coming in next you thier user name or in the post, just so we know who to look out for.

I think a "rough" plan will be meet at halfords 2pm sunday and hang fire till around 2.30 ish then we were gona pop down the road to a pub we know has a decent size car park and is just a 5 min drive so we can get a drink and carry on having a chat etc

my number is zero seven eight one seven eight five eight wero six two, please call if on route late,lost or need me for n r thing as wana make sure we are all together before heading to pub

1.arf333
2.richyhill
3.bristolnate
4.drakey91
5.veedubjay
6.Thorney
7.gasco
8.bigdog
9. natedog
10. jonesygti
11. Blans
12. connor_bristow
13.bigDogs mate
14.casper
15. Mixerman
16. pslot
17. SparkStu

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
Martin black mk3 gti black rims inch off the floor!

vw a way of life

Back to the top
UPDATE

O.K Guys just to let you know i have called the pub we were thinking of going to and its sorted

we have: :-)

- Car park area reserved / available for us

- Tables reserved so we have somewhere to sit and chat if its freezing outside and we dont just wana look round each others cars whilst having a drink.

- For those that are travelling a bit of distance, or have spare time and dont need to shoot off there is food available with meals from £5-£10 typically. Because it is towards the end of when they serve carvery they cant guarantee they would have enough for whole group, but my guess is not all will want to eat / there will be something for everyone across the menu if need be.

As some people only have an hour i think it would be best for us to try and leave the meeting point at halfords by 2.30, but i will write out list so we can make sure everyone is there hopefully by the time we wana move on, if people are using sat nav's here is some details

MEETING POINT 2-2.30pm sunday 20th Nov Halfords Cribbs Causeway
Centaurus Road
Patchway
County Avon
BS34 5TS

PUB Where we are moving onto, The Fox Inn , Easter Compton Bristol

Main Rd, Aust,
Bristol,
Avon
BS35 5RA

http://thefoxinneastercompton.co.uk/

Hope this dosnt all seem a bit to organised etc, its just gona all be about meeting new faces, seeing old faces, chatting about plans for next years shows etc.

Scott and I are Regional Hosts and we have been alocated a club banner for the region by the club, so we would like your thoughts and idea's for the regions club banner, i will also be bringing along with me an example of one of the fantastic new membership packs, so anyone interested in becoming a member (only £15 a year) is welcome to have a look at it and the list of benefits and savings you can make by being a paid member etc etc

look forward to seeing you all sunday guys

dont think the pub car park and village is gona know whats hit em when we all turn up ! :-)

+ its 2 mins from the venue for next years Bristol Volksfest so everyone will know where to go when its on :-

Cheers

Rich

1.arf333
2.richyhill - White clipper cabby
3.bristolnate
4.drakey91
5.veedubjay
6.Thorney
7.gasco
8.bigdog
9. natedog
10. jonesygti - Martin - mk3 gti slammed !
11. Blans
12. connor_bristow
13.bigDogs mate
14.casper
15. Mixerman
16. pslot
17. SparkStu

1.8T CABBY

Back to the top
Chris, white mk1 cabrio. My mate Darryl is driving a green tin top

See you there guys

Back to the top
Rich plan sounds good and im up for getting a bite to eat!
See you all on sunday !! :)

1. arf333 - Scott - Green Clipper
2. richyhill - White clipper cabby
3. bristolnate
4. drakey91
5. veedubjay
6. Thorney
7. gasco - Lee - Black Tintop
8. bigdog - Chris - White Cabby
9. natedog
11. Blans
12. connor_bristow
13. Darryl - Green Tintop
14. casper - Black Sportline
15. Mixerman
16. pslot - Black Cabby or Polo
17. SparkStu - Stu - Mazda 6

Also just to be safe if anyone wants to text me my number is 0782470018[two]

Scott

South West Regional Host

Previous;

Current;

Banner

Back to the top
I might be in my black audi avant. I am working nights so wont be out of bed til 1 oclock so probably not enough time for me to get the golf out of the garage. Will see how i feel.

Back to the top
Hi,
Steve here. I'll be the one in black tintop GTI looking a bit sleep deprived (6 week old baby who likes to stay up all night!) :wink:

Cheers All.

Thorney (Steve)

Back to the top
Don't worry thorney I have a 6 week old daughter she had me awake at 3.30 am this morning as I write this she's asleep in my arms maybe start mk 1 owners crèche !!!!

vw a way of life

Back to the top

jonesygti said

Don't worry thorney I have a 6 week old daughter she had me awake at 3.30 am this morning as I write this she's asleep in my arms maybe start mk 1 owners crèche !!!!

Thanks mate, Yeh I had a 4am'er this morning - there was a time when I was coming home from the club! Feel so old these days.

I told the missus I have to keep the golf going for another 17 years so I can hand it over to him for his 1st car (I've had it since the mid-90's so anything is possible!)

Cheers.

Back to the top
Bet your missus was in the ruh same time as mine ! I keep telling the wife that I am restoring the mk1 for my little Lola but she has her doubts!

vw a way of life

Back to the top
heres the weather report for today so looks like were gonna be lucky might even manage to have the roofs down lol

Updated List:

1. arf333 - Scott - Green Clipper
2. richyhill - White clipper cabby
3. bristolnate
4. drakey91
5. veedubjay
6. Thorney - Steve - Black Tintop
7. gasco - Lee - Black Tintop / Audi Avant
8. bigdog - Chris - White Cabby
9. natedog
11. Blans
12. connor_bristow
13. Darryl - Green Tintop
14. casper - Black Sportline
15. Mixerman
16. pslot - Black Cabby or Polo
17. SparkStu - Stu - Mazda 6

See you all this afternoon at Halfords :D
Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Scott

South West Regional Host

Previous;

Current;

Banner

Back to the top
Alright guys great to meet new faces today and catch up with everyone!!
Thanks to all who came along was a really good turnout - we'll be looking at arranging a few more local meets in the future.
If you guys got any suggestions on meeting places or things we could do (bowling, any decent pubs, etc ect) then let us know :)

Heres a few pics from the meet, feel free to add any you took :)
http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=109665

Scott

South West Regional Host

Previous;

Current;

Banner

Back to the top
Good first meet great turn out some old some new faces. Thanks to scott and richie for organizing.
Looking forward to many more in the new year. Well done guys.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.