Skip navigation

South West Meet Sunday 20th November Cribbs Causeway, Bris

Back to the top

South West Meet Sunday 20th November Cribbs Causeway, Bris

ive got no excuses ,car works, taxed ,insured and im in town and its my daily so at the moment im in!

Back to the top

alanh said

ive got no excuses
just so everyone knows, "the dog ate my golf" isnt gonna work :D
who else is in ??

scott

South West Regional Host

Previous;
1991 Clipper, 1978 S1 GLS, 1983 Type25, 1989 Clipper GTI

Current;
Zero, zilch, nought, zero, nothing….

Banner

Back to the top
Cheers for the message Arf, unfortunately im in Germany that weekend so wont be able to make it, let me know of the next one tho

1983 mk1 Golf GTI

Back to the top
Hey guys,

Thanks for the invite, a meet sounds good :)

The Golf is sorn'd and safely in the garage for winter so i'll be in the daily…

Cheers, Steve

Back to the top
Hi Guys

Great to see eager and keen people to meet up even though show season is finished.

i will maybe try and put a call in to the bolwing place at cribbs see if they can do us a deal for a couple of games cheap if people fancy it, give us all a chance to chat, get to know each other, talk about projects, plans for the show season next year etc etc

any idea's for the 2 monthly meets to continue till next show season are welcome, other things we have been considering is karting, crazy golf at cabbot circus, a sunday lunch etc etc

see you all next weekend

Rich

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
Need somewhere central for everyone there's a big pub at the top of Filton ave that has a decent carpark , maybe we could do meet down at Weston super mare or brean start at bristol and convoy down , Is Bristol central for everyone ? This could work if everyone puts in input ,mk1's are getting harder to get hold of time to  link up !

vw a way of life

Back to the top
well said jonesygti !

So Scott what we going with 2pm this Sunday the 20th at cribbs cuaseway? where about Halfords meet?

remember guys, the aim with this is just to catch up with each other, and meet new members, get to talk to each other and help out with probme s and experiences etc, feel free to come along in your daily drive or get a lift obviously if your golf is on the road then fantastic.

I think the idea of a drive into brean or weston in the new year could be a good one, we attended cruise to the prob last year and have 6 guys represnting the club.

Also maybe for the next meet rather than cribbs we could do town (bristol center) ?

looking forward to seeing old and new faces sunday

Cheers

Rich

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
Yea that's cool jonesy I'll have a look at it on google maps :) this being the first regional meet in a while we needed somewhere easy to get to, some that everyone knows directions to and with stuff to do, thats why I thought of cribbs, we can find out where everyone is from and and hold the next one accordingly :)

And a cruise to Weston seems good :) like rich says we did cruise to the prom last year was a really good event. Could keep an eye out for that in march and get a few of us down there for a blast on the go karts !

But any idea's are welcome guys, if you got an idea let us know and we can try to get it sorted :)

So if we meet at 2pm in halfords. Get to know each other could go to harvesters grab some food and a beer then a game of bowling ?? Or something like that !! :)

Let us know what you think

Scott

South West Regional Host

Previous;

Current;

Banner

Back to the top
updated list

1.arf333
2.richyhill
3.bristolnate
4.drakey91
5.veedubjay
6.Thorney
7.gasco
8.bigdog + friend
9. natedog

1.8T CABBY

Back to the top
put me down i will be in my black mk3 gti daily ! be good to make this work mk1's are a dying breed!

vw a way of life

Back to the top

richyhill said

updated list

1.arf333
2.richyhill
3.bristolnate
4.drakey91
5.veedubjay
6.Thorney
7.gasco
8.bigdog + friend
9. natedog

10.jonesygti
11. blans (hangover permitting)

South West Regional Host

Previous;

Current;

Banner

Back to the top
Hi guy's my mate did buy the 1983 tin top gti so we see you all on sunday

Back to the top
Sounds good to me I should be back by noon, so 2pm at Halfords will work. I might only be around for an hour or so, but looking forward to meeting up with some of the guys.

The old girl is T&T for the year so as long as nothing falls off on the way over - Happy days

(It's an old photo (about 98 ), but only one I have on file)

Back to the top
Ok guys wicked should be a few mk1s turning up then :)

Bigdog is your Nate bringing his or is he coming in the daily ??

Also just checked weather it's supposed to be dry. Bust if it does change and is raining think it wil be best to meet in one of the underground car parks ?

Scott

South West Regional Host

Previous;

Current;

Banner

Back to the top
yep good idea scott

Does everyone know where Halfords at Cribbs Causeway is ?

If so even if raining we can wait there till everyone on list has arrived and then move to an underground car park :-)

what do people want to do?

i know its a weekend and people have things to do, but do people just fancy meeting for the first time then maybe poping somewhere for a drink? we went to harvesters bar before OR

do you want me to try and sort out a location for sunday dinner or a game of bowling?

Didnt know whether people wanted to use this meet to discuss what we can do for meet in the new year and then working through to when the show season starts :-)

Cheers

Rich

1.8T CABBY

Back to the top
updated list

1.arf333
2.richyhill
3.bristolnate
4.drakey91
5.veedubjay
6.Thorney
7.gasco
8.bigdog + friend
9. natedog
10. jonesygit
11. Blans
12. connor_bristow

1.8T CABBY

Back to the top
Jonesygit! That's nice !!!! Lol

vw a way of life

Back to the top
lol

im a tool ha ha :-)

1.arf333
2.richyhill
3.bristolnate
4.drakey91
5.veedubjay
6.Thorney
7.gasco
8.bigdog + friend
9. natedog
10. jonesyGTI ;-)
11. Blans
12. connor_bristow

1.8T CABBY

Back to the top
Thanks mate my missus agreed with the first name! Maybe have a couple of drinks this time then maybe do something more next time

vw a way of life

Back to the top
yeah prob a good suggestion, i know a few have an hour this time or 2 hours max, so maybe go with the flow, meet up, decide where to go for drink possibly, and then discuss plans for future meet together when we are all sat down ?

1.8T CABBY
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.