Skip navigation

South West Meet Sunday 20th November Cribbs Causeway, Bris

Back to the top

South West Meet Sunday 20th November Cribbs Causeway, Bris

Right im giving this one more shot and if it doesnt work out ill knock it on the head
LETS MAKE THIS WORK GUYS !! :)

Ive had a look through old posts, show reviews, regional meets ect and there are loads of people in the South West / Bristol area so theres no reason why this cant be a bi-monthly or even a monthly meet

The Plan
Meet up at Cribbs Causeway Sunday 20th November (or Saturday if you guys prefer  :dontknow: ) at 2pm or 3pm (providing the usual xmas shopping traffic hasnt shwon its face yet, if so: Bradley Stoke Tesco? Loads of other places to meet!!), have the usual chat, check out the cars etc go on a little mini cruise to what ever we have decided to do;- grab a pint/all you can eat/mcdonalds anything suppose decide that nearer the time!

Any car welcome! this is a chance to get to know people in the local area that share the same passion for the MK1 golf :boohoo:
When show season comes round in 2012 we can change the regional meets into club stands and hopefully carry on the trend of 2011…. bringing in the trophies  :mrgreen:

So yea if youre interested in this please put your name down as trying sort sort stuff like this out over t'internet can get a bit stressful at times!!

Lets get cribbs looking like it did 5 years ago!
*Nov 06 Bristol meet*

Heres this list of names:

arf333
richyhill - mate w/ black tintop

0117bean - pm'd
alanh - pm'd
alexGTI - pm'd
austinpowers - pm'd
B18DUB - pm'd
bigdog - pm'd
blans - pm'd
bristolnate - pm'd
casper
Concorde_Rules - pm'd
drakey91 - pm'd
gasco - pm'd
haywire - pm'd
jonesygti - pm'd
juss -pm'd
Kerbside-Timbo - pm'd
matt1986 (Stroud) - pm'd
Michelle22 (Gloucestershire) - pm'd
Mixerman - mate w/ caddy - pm'd
Mk1pat - pm'd
n11kgh (Swindon) - pm'd
neo283 - pm'd
NoRoofNoHair - pm'd
Paulio - pm'd
Psychedelic - pm'd
tommer - pm'd
tuffy - pm'd
veedubjay - pm'd

UPDATE: im gonna wait for replies from the above before i pm the guys from south wales

Ive had a look through some South Wales regional posts by Taffygoat and heres a few names i picked up, it would be cool to have you guys pop over to england one month and then us lot could come over to wales the next ??  :dontknow:

AL_Mk1
atothej
BigNormRivage
chubbs
clarence
GaMk1
mattjay50
sebs
Taffygoat
welsh-mk1
Zeus

Everyone on this list will be getting a pm, so no excusses guys :detective: ;)
Im sure i cant be the only one that wants this to work!!!

Thanks in advance for your help!!!

Scott

South West Regional Host

Previous;
1991 Clipper, 1978 S1 GLS, 1983 Type25, 1989 Clipper GTI

Current;
Zero, zilch, nought, zero, nothing….

Banner

Back to the top
im in dude :-)

neo283 has sold his golf :-( but he may want to come along

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
just found out theres gonna be a car cruise through the Black Mountains in wales on Sunday 20th being organised by http://www.servingtodefine.co.uk

This is now cancelled but check out the website anyway  :)

this could be an option ??

South West Regional Host

Previous;

Current;

Banner

Back to the top
Thanks for the PM, but my golf is back at home since some little **** had a go at it.

So I won't be attending!

Thanks anyway.

Back to the top

Concorde_Rules said

Thanks for the PM, but my golf is back at home since some little **** had a go at it.

So I won't be attending!

Thanks anyway.

ok no probs, youre more than welcome to come along in any car, its just a chance to get to know other local mk1 enthusiasts :)

South West Regional Host

Previous;

Current;

Banner

Back to the top
Im up for this. Doing a few bits to mine this weekend :)

Nate

Definitive

www.servingtodefine.co.uk

Back to the top
Also the drive in wales is cancelled! Got to many other projects and features to sort out.

Nate

Definitive

Back to the top
Ok cool will be good to catch up :) what you got planned for the golf? Shame about the drive but oh well. Should give it a go next summer !

South West Regional Host

Previous;

Current;

Banner

Back to the top
I would be well up for this arf333, although don't have a car myself in Bristol of any variety so would probably need a lift. I haven't seen any MK1's driving in Brizzle yet either!!

Back to the top
Ok no problem I wouldn't mind giving you a lift where snouts you live ? Supprised you havnt seen a mk1 as you can see from list above there's quite a few of us from bris !!

Scott

South West Regional Host

Previous;

Current;

Banner

Back to the top
i am up for this mk1 is not finished but will come along in my mk gti

vw a way of life

Back to the top
hello will come up if i can - depending on work. wont be in the mk1 but possibly a mk4 lol.

will know for def nearewr the time. but will do my best.

Back to the top
Picking up some new wheels tomorrow, all the way from Kent :( then spending some time this weekend on suspension and getting her sat right!

Nate

Definitive

Back to the top
Hi Scott,

I'll see if I can get back from London in time, would be good to meet some of the guys as I missed the Berkley Castle bash (wife was having a baby)

Cheers

Steve

Back to the top
Cheers for pm. Will be up for this not sure how often I can make the meets due to my shift pattern but will attend when I can. Black mountain pass is a must does get nusy at peak times thou.

Back to the top
Hi,
Sounds good, I'm up for this.
Got a mate looking at an old tin top on Friday, so he may come too if thats ok!

Chris

Back to the top
yea chris thats fine the more the merrier :D
so far we have got:

arf333
richyhill
bristolnate
drakey91
veedubjay
Thorney
gasco
bigdog + friend

South West Regional Host

Previous;

Current;

Banner

Back to the top
In 2006 Dougielove organised a meet at Cribbs Causeway, I did a 362 mile round trip to attend.

Can you beat that??!!! If you're local then there's no excuse!!!  :mrgreen:

Back to the top
lol good shout Danno ! that is effort :-)

problem i have had is it does tail off over the winter when people cars of off the road (like mine cough cough) and the show season is over.

before Arf333 came on board me and mixerman had a good few meet and the numbers were getting up, then now scott has done shows like brekley we are more and more aware of who's about.

I am sure over the winter we can all meet a few times and then in the new year so meets with the berkshire lot and the welsh lot should be mean some big number coming up for shows like Wales and Bristol Volksfest etc :-)

My aim is to get Bristol Volksfest with the mk1oc as big as Malvern ! including camping as it is a good weekend :-)

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
i will be up for this next year my caddy has gone back under the knife and should be coming back out at 300+ hp so will defo be wanting to show it off
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.