Skip navigation

My Sportline Cabby! New pics today, lookin' schweet!

Back to the top

My Sportline Cabby! New pics today, lookin' schweet!

This was my cabby a few weeks back, looking a little sorry for itself after hibernating in the garage for a few months!

I wanted to tidy certain aspects of the bodywork, namely both bumpers had crazes in them and the skirts & arches all suffered from road rash along with the rear quarters. Initially this is what it went into the bodyshop to get sorted but once there I decided I wanted a fwe other bits done, a dent in the bonnet & boot had always annoyed me so the decisision was made to repaint it completely.

I picked it up from the bodyshop last monday. unfortunately it was pi$$ing down with rain that day so it got covered in crap. Friday was a decent day so I was finally able to give it a proper wash and then spent the rest of the day waxing it.

Got a few bits left to do, I've ordered new thin side strips from Crazyquims along with all the trim clips required.I've also ordered new clips to hold the boot badges on but now I've seen it badgeless I'm tempted to take it back to get the holes welded up and the bootlid smoothed. if I do that I'll probably replace the front grill for a debadged version too.

Other than that I'm well chuffed with it, just been for a drive around in the sun, can't beat roofless motoring!

Hope you like it!

Back to the top
I so want those wheels  :drool:

Back to the top
wow that looks so fresh top work !

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
A few more pics taken today  :D

Sorry 'bout the size of pics, I changed my pbucket settings today & didnt realise how much difference it would make  :redfaced:

Back to the top
Looks lovely!

What's the details on the wheels? Never seen them in 15" only 16.

Ever growing range of new mk1 golf parts www.classic-vw.co.uk

Back to the top
Looks great!

DubPartz

Back to the top
the wheels are lush, i so want a set for mine :-)

pics looking great mate

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
Wow car looks great. Wheels are class…

What did you decide on the Sportline decals? On or off?

Cheers Hugh.

www.vwgolf1.com - vw golf parts and genuine accessories!

Banner

Back to the top
Is this sportline still doing the rounds?

Back to the top
Wow stunning car  :thumbs:

MK1CRAZY YAHOOOOO!!!!!

Back to the top
The car looks great.. I have recently made a few modifications to my car also, which I really struggled to come to terms with as I never wanted to move away from a totally stock car..

Can I just throw my two penneth in here, without offending anyone.. ?..

Now you have the fresh paint and the boot build, I personally think your car would be one of the better black sportlines out there and I think it would be a shame not to badge it up properly again..

I do love your wheel choice, but again, the standard bbs or eve a set of bbs splits in black and silver would look equally as great and keep that stock "timewarp" feel..

There is just something special about a time warp looking car and you have all the ingredients to take your sportline to a level higher than just another modified car (no offence to modified cars)…

I'm giving my opinion with the best intentions. Its none of my business and of course its your car to do with as you want bla bla bla.. But a couple of brand new badges and some new sportline decals and you will still have an awesome looking car and enough of what it actually is will still be there… And that is a very rare black sportline.. Not just another black cabby..

Back to the top
I should have looked at the dates on the previous posts before sticking my oar in.. Ignore me..  :banghead:
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.